1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I guess I'm 'homo flexible'?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by yayforthelgbt, Dec 14, 2017.

1. yayforthelgbt

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    So... nearly all the time when I notice that somebody is attractive it's a man. I find men very attractive and nearly all my sexual thoughts are about guys. However, sometimes I feel some genuine attraction to certain women as well... but it takes longer to develop than with guys (my attraction to good-looking guys is pretty instant) and feels weaker. So I guess I'm 'homo flexible' - nearly all the time attracted to guys, but sometimes have fluidity in my attractions and feel attracted to girls. Is it okay to not call myself bisexual? Some people get offended and say that hetero flexible and homo flexible are just variants of bisexuality but the attraction is just so unequal that bisexual really does not fit me...

2. Kelseyk92

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe you have a type when it comes to attractive women? When it comes to the media, I find more men attractive because the females seem to be clones of each other and it’s boring. But when a girl is different and has a type of swag to her she becomes 100% more attractive.

I’m a lesbian because I could only date/have sex with a woman and not a man but I can tell when a man is attractive, especially if he’s feminine. I think women’s sexuality is very fluid. The question is, could you see yourself dating a woman and only having sex with her exclusively? If so then you are bisexual.

3. Glitters

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You can call yourself whatever you want. It doesn't matter what other people think. What matters is what makes you most comfortable.

fadedstar likes this.
  4. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Bisexual leaning gay?

5. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    People do get overly worked-up about terminology. But homoflexible was coined just exactly for people like you. Who are quite numerous, btw.

6. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you can call yourself whatever you like--I personally think the appropriate label is the one that conveys the most actionable intel, but that's just me.

The thing I will say though is that I've been out for a long time (25 years) and I've known a lot of gay men during that time and, to me, you sound like a pretty standard issue gay guy. I've never quite understood this whole notion that you're not gay if you've ever had a deep and abiding relationship with a woman or, even more ridiculous, if you can tell when a woman is attractive. The fact of the matter is that a good portion of traditional gay male "culture," not to mention pretty much the entirety of the American fashion industry, is built on the fact that most gay men have deep and abiding relationships with women and can tell (and tell you about) when a woman's attractive.

The fact of the matter is that if a guy ever managed to really convince me that he couldn't tell when a woman was attractive I'd be more inclined to think he was straight than gay...

readynow likes this.
  7. readynow

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    This would explain my confusion (very attracted to women's beauty but little or no arousal) but why do you think it is?

8. PaintingMeInfinite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Coming from one confused person to another, I think that it could be a learned trait along with just being able to tell if a person is attractive to you. I'm still trying to figure out how to label myself, even more so to figure out what I really feel and what I am shutting off.

9. scifiname

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So you're saying that you believe you could be gay even if you've had a deep and loving relationship with someone of the opposite sex at some point? I ask this because I'm trying to determine how my past determines my sexuality at the present.