1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I got 2 deer!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jerr, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Jerr

I only said hippies liked animals to die slowly and painfully. So if you believe you fall into that category then by all means feel implied. People are funny. Hippies are my favs.

It wasn't my first but yesh it was still awesome.

You should go hunting or AT LEAST go to the shooting range. Shooting a gun gives this testosterone rush I don't even know how to describe... I just woe I love the sound/feeling/smell.... woo... I needs to go to the gun range with a guy... That's all I'm saying. haha

2. singtoh1

Congrats on your hunting even though hunting isn't my thing.

I just don't like guns for some reason. I prefer to use a sword or bow. I guess thats odd.

3. Jerr

...ooo.... I wanna play with swords. I just had the urge to go to the bow.... place... (back yard) and fire off some arrows.

4. singtoh1

Lol I wish I still had my bow or at least knew where it was. Though it wouldn't matter anyway cause I would probably be arrested for having it in my neighborhood.

5. missmelancholy

Out Status:
    Some people
    I have many many medical problems. That doesn't mean I have to empathize with other diabetics. Just because someone is gay does not mean that must like and support and agree with other gays. If the actions of another clearly upset and disgust someone, there is no rule that because we are a minority we are not allowed to disagree with one another.

That said, this thread completely upsets and disgusts me.

Let's all start eating Chinese babies.

6. Jerr

Taste of Chicken.

(If you know that reference you might become like 8 times cooler)

p.s. You reminded me of something.

"Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets!"

#66 Jerr, Jan 27, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  7. Brandford

I think shes trying to say, by being gay we don't hurt anyone or anything AND we do not choose to be gay but Hunters kill animals and they choose to kill animals, theres no way you can compare being gay to being a hunter

8. Jerr

I wasn't commenting on that comparison. I was making my own. She went to an extreme which is similar to my statement about marrying your pet. It's also an extreme... yet people jumped to it because they didn't like the other. (I haven't compared the two other then just now.)

No one has said where Taste of Chicken came from!

9. Brandford

Actually I don't see it as an extreme, I'ts the same thing as killing an animal in my eyes, eating human babies, eating a fawn, same thing

10. Jerr

Killing a child and Killing a baby dear? Well, technically, they are both illegal. (Must be at least yay big to be shot by this gun.)

Cannibalism is generally frowned upon a wee bit more. Even if they do Taste of Chicken. (Come on SOMEONE has to know where I'm getting that!)

11. Brandford

what as we have learned whats frowned upon is not always right even though me myself wouldn't eat a human, something tells me we don't taste very good and I was just saying its the same thing in my eyes and are you looking for somekind of movie that phrase comes off of?

12. Jerr

I give up. Eddie Izzard says it in Dressed to Kill! He said that cannibals say that Human Flesh taste of chicken.... So chicken tastes of human.... He makes references to that joke at random times throughout his stand up.

Anyways, so, If you can get a sterilize enough of the deer to keep their population under control thing done approved and seen as effective, then I'll stop hunting. Until then, I'll be hunting (my token once a year) and eating deer meat and enjoying it and supporting all of those who hunt LEGALLY and make use of the deer.

13. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

Guys, get it together. If you don't approve of hunting, then don't post here!

Also, I didn't compare gays to hunters. I said that I'm surprised you guys aren't more accepting of other people's hobbies, like hunting, due to the fact that a lot of people don't accept us.

#73 Swamp56, Jan 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2009
  14. Miles D

first, *don't hit me*

I'm not against hunting, per se, just ignorant to it's pros. why do you hunt?
    :slight_smile:

15. Trumpetplyer23

I'm not the biggest fan of hunting. I'm not against it, but it's not something I do myself. However, I'm not going to cut him down just because he does something I don't agree with one hundred percent.

That's cool. Good job.

16. Jerr

I like deer meat. My family does. It's good food. It is fun. (Ok, so others enjoy it more then me but I get bored and if I have a rifle in my hand I can't go too long without firing it off.)

There's also what it does for the deer population. It is control. There is a limit on number of deer per person and it helps control the population. When they become over populated, deer starve to death, acquire diseases and illnesses from being packed too close and lack of food, and more deer/automobile accidents.

Back to me, it's all about the sound/feel/smell of shooting the gun and knowing... I'm a damn good shot. I will do well in the Zombie Apocalypse. (Oh yeah, I went there.)

And the all important Deer Steaks.... *shivers* Makes me drool just thinking about them nummy things.

17. Brandford

In a way you are, people don't accept us because we are different, people such as I don't accept hunting because it killing innocent animals for no reason or at least no good ones

18. HeronsStorm

Guys, can we PLEASE just get back on topic? Congratulations people, you like to hunt. Or, congratulations, you don't think hunting is right. I agree with all of you if it stops the petty arguments. Whether or not you support it, this IS a big achievement, and he should be given at least a 'good job'.

So, good job hunting the deer! It would be cool to try a good deer steak, and it's good that you use all the parts of the animal. Can't stand how wasteful some people can be. I need to learn how to hunt, cheaper than buying at the market.

19. Shevanel

This person knows what they're talking about :slight_smile: :eusa_clap

20. Jerr

Agreed.

Weirdly enough, it is a big thing to get a deer for me... especially sense I hunt all of 6 hours one day out of the year and for most of that six hours I'm sitting in a truck trying to get warm and convince my dad we need to go to a different stand a few times so I get to stay with the heater a bit longer... (That and so I can consume a bit more of the hot damn....)