1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel like I'm going to get really fat!

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Sully, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Sully

I've always been cripplingly self conscious about my weight and body. I'm about 6ft and 83kg (182lbs?). I'm not muscular so that weight is fat. I hate my body, my BMI should be <24.9. Mine is 25, so in reality I'm not that over weight (probably slightly dysmorphic).

The problem is, recently, ALL I WANT TO DO IS EAT! My weight is really stable (I don't excercises which would probably not help), and I'm NOT a comfort eater, but I just want to cram food in my mouth. Just then I had a peanut butter and jam sandwich, then looked in the fridge, and reached for some cold pizza, I was like WOAH I DON'T NEED THAT! But I could eat it all!

I don't know why this has happened all of a sudden! It's kind of like I'm always hungry, but im not actually, I JUST WANT TO EAT!

Help please!

2. Ridiculous

Are you exercising? For me regular exercise helps control my hunger and eating patterns.

Are you keeping hydrated? A lot of the time when people feel hungry they actually are just dehydrated and a glass of water is all they need.

Are you doing something to keep you busy? Habitual eating is often due to people having nothing better to do. Finding something to take your attention will usually 'distract' you from wanting to constantly eat.

83kg at 6ft sounds reasonably good though, so you don't sound like you have a weight problem at the moment.

3. Sully

Thanks for the feedback. I hate to admit it, but, I DON'T exercise... so I definately need to do that.

I'm busy with studying and I can always seem to find something to busy me.

At the moment, I'm fine, but if I don't get my eating undercontrol I doubt I'll be fine for longer than a few more months.

4. Joey4

I'll agree with a lot of the points made.

A lot of people eat out of boredom, or they eat for fun. If all you're doing to fill your time is studying, I could see you being bored often.

Exercise is hard work if you can't find something fun to do for exercise. You have to explore that area a little more, find things that are fun and find things that you hate and you'll discover what it is you like to do.

Diet is important too. So far, there's nothing nutritionally sound about peanut butter and jelly and pizza. You should probably consider healthier choices. Eating healthy also sucks, if you don't,t know what you like. That's something else you'll have to explore. Find likes and hates and eventually you'll find out what it is you like and you can begin to build a diet around that.

Eventually once you start exercising and eating better, your shape will change and you'll love your appearance more. You may not totally love the way you look though. Some of accepting your imagine is learning to appreciate yourself and that takes time. I don't 100% love the way I look, but nobody does. You have to find self worth in other places outside of appearance. When you do that, you'll be more of a complete person.