1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know what to do...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by unsureofmyself, Sep 17, 2015.

1. unsureofmyself

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey guys! (&&&)

So the thing is, I am now out to two good friends, both of which were totally cool about me being bisexual. The girl was like, "Hey, that's cool!" and gave me a hi-five (!) The guy was kinda curious as he is completely straight and asked me some stuff about it and my preferences, but he too is totally cool with it all :thumbsup:

Anyway, my dilemma is that I have this gay friend whom I really want to tell, but see we had this fight awhile ago and are still recovering from that together and trying to improve our friendship. Idk, I was the first one he came out to about being gay, so I feel guilty about him not being the first to know about me, but things were still rocky between us when I told the other two. Also, if I do talk to him about it, it will be a kind of shock to him, cos he thinks I am completely straight, and earlier this year I told him I was, but now I have come to the realisation that I am definitely not-I am bi. So does anyone have any ideas of how to approach the subject, what to say, etc, and how to not make it such a shock to him.

Also, another problem is that everyone seems to be coming out right now at school, so I don't want him to think I'm doing it as a trend thing or something, because I certainly am NOT a part of THAT trend, and I am genuinely bi. Trouble is, half the school thinks they are, too. *eyeroll* Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks guys xx

2. Stevie of Sorts

Out Status:
    Some people
    Wait until your relationship is back to normal! Then everything will fall into place. It won't seem staged if you're just normal, close friends again. When it comes to bi people coming out, I always suggest saying " And I'm not one of those people that'll say I'm bi to be cool. Definitely bi. For real." Just to show that you're acknowledging the fake people out there. Hit 'em with some terminology so that they know you're genuine. Like "I'm not bi-CURIOUS I'm bi-SEXUAL." Or at least that's what I would do. Good luck!:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

3. unsureofmyself

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Haha, thanks, that sounds like a great plan! :grin: