1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i dont know anymore

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jack Lee, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Jack Lee

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    so i was going to come out this weekend and my mum asked me this morning if i was gay, it was the worst thing she could have done i wanted to do it my self i hadnt planned anything so it ws on the spot then she tells my dad. It is going to be so awkward now. i wish i could have done it my self at least. well at least im out

2. Confoozed

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    At least maybe you feel a little more free now or it will come with time when the initial shock has worn off?...

3. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It probably feels like a downer that you didn't get to do it yourself. However, another way to look at it is that your parents already knew. They've known for a while, right? They've been waiting for you. She was likely trying to help you and thought it was the best way. I hope her reaction was a good one.

4. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Jack Lee... So sorry...I can see how it could be hard when you weren't ready and wanted to do it yourself. However, it's done. In some ways it takes pressure off of you...not having to face a potential bad reaction. And it seems like at least your mom already had a good idea. So, catch your breath and start planning what comes next. Try to make this the beginning of the "New You" with your family!
    ....David :gay_pride_flag: