1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I DID IT.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by PlutoTheOpposum, Apr 1, 2023.

1. PlutoTheOpposum

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    TW for things like SH//S**cidal ideation//etc

okay, so um. I did it! I cut my hair. I went on a 9 day trip to the southern states of the USA for a school trip. I had a LOT of fun. I'd actually say those 9 days are the happiest I've been in my life. But anyways, it was a very diverse group of kids. There were a lot of different genders, ethnicities, sexualities, etc. I made friends with a trans dude who is actually now one of my besties :grin: I really admire him. But on day 5, he comes up to me with scissors he had borrowed from the front desk. I had told him since I met him that I've been wanting to cut my hair because it's contributing to my gender dysphoria. And so he offered to cut it. I said yes, and I was pretty nervous but I ended up loving it. I got soo many compliments on it from everyone! Everyone was kinda shocked that I actually went through with it. But nobody was against it, yknow? Anyways, I got home yesterday. It was 2am. My mom was up and she was the first to see. I told her I got gum stuck in my hair, and even made a semi-elaborate story to go with it. She was pissed, but I was able to distract her with other things like souvenirs I got from my trip. Fast forward to today, my dad gets home from work and sees me. I'm showing him my souvenirs and telling him about my trip, and then he notices. He asks if I cut my hair, and I said I got gum in it. Then he yelled at me and said "I call bullsh*t" so I went upstairs. I was just trying to talk about the fun I had. I came back down later to take a shower and my hair got brought up again because my mom said it looked like a karen-hairstyle. Then my dad started yelling at me again. He said I'm not allowed to make any decisions until I'm 18, and that my teacher is going to be getting in trouble. They told me that they were going to let me get a job and that now they aren't because they don't trust me. I asked why they didn't want my hair short, and they said it didn't matter, and that I had to listen to them because they're my parents. So I went back upstairs and was shaking and crying. I was so mad, and mostly just tired. I relapsed again for the first time in awhile. And then I started having really bad thoughts. Like, scenarios of me doing dangerous things. And the things is, if my parents weren't in their room I probably would've done it. I think the saddest part is that when I was on this trip, I felt so happy and motivated that I told myself I could get rid of my tools. And then all that happened. And now I'm at a higher low than before. And my parents have mine and my sister's meds out right now, and I can't tell you how tempting it is. That's what they did before I ended up in the hospital last time.
    So yeah. I cut my hair. I might add a picture of it or something. Ya'll can insult it or compliment it or whatever. I dont really care right now

74andHome likes this.
  2. 74andHome

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey Pluto…. You are so brave! Even in the midst of so much fear and anger, you still have your sh*t together. Hang in there. We believe you, we care about you and what you want. We want you to uso en in the world the way you need to it. I hope you will me encouraging you. You’re brave and strong and you are right about you are. If I can be of help or support please reach out. Your in the right place.

3. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hugs your way. I bet your new hairstyle looks so good on you and it feels fantastic too. I'm so sorry how your parents reacted and that you had bad thoughts. You won't be living with your parents forever. These bad thoughts are awful and know that you can always vent here and we're here for you, but it would be great, if you had support near you as well. I don't remember, if you mentioned it or not, but do you have anyone to turn to for support or in school someone like a counsellor you could turn to?

4. PlutoTheOpposum

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you <3 I think it looks alright in my opinion. I mean, now that my mom has brought up that it looks like a "karen" hairstyle, I'm a little more insecure of it :frowning2: I've been trying to keep it swept to one side ahh. But it's much lighter and it's so much easier to wash. And my sister told me I looked like a boy earlier :grin: (I'm not a trans guy, I really just want to pass as more masculine) also my sister is really supportive of it lol. Also yes, I do. Not about the s**cidal thoughts but about all of that stuff that happened. I'm planning on telling my teacher that I trust :") I hope it goes well. Also my parents have cooled down a little today, but now I'm all on edge yknow? TW i guess but I haven't had my meds for a week so I've already been in a tough place but now I'm much more fragile than before. So we'll wait it out I suppose ^^"

5. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know that feeling. My dad always comments something on my clothing choice, so it does make feel really insecure too and I start seeing the faults myself. It sucks, when parents comments hinder our self expression. It's what helps us explore and evolve.

That was my explanation, to why I cut it. It's so much easier to take care of it now isn't it. :grin:

I'm happy there is someone supportive around you. That's okay. There is so many ways to express ourselves. It don't mean one has to be transgender, when they wish for a more masculine look. I wish I had chance to express myself like this, when younger.

Good luck. You got this.

That's understandable. I hope everything calms down for you soon.