1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I couldn't say it.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by limeslam, Jun 14, 2013.

1. limeslam

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi everyone,

Sorry for posting so much, I just feel like everything is moving quickly. So I'm on vacation right now and I was feeling impulsive and I was alone, so I called my friend intending to come out. However, once she picked up and I made her swear that she wouldn't tell anyone, I couldn't say anything. It was like I was about to change everything and end a chapter of my life. Honestly, my closeted stage wasn't bad at all. I just had this secret that I couldn't share. But besides that everything was perfectly fine and normal. So in my head telling her would shake everything up. But I tried to make her guess and she couldnt.
    So there was a long awkward pause and then I told her my parents were on their way and that I had to go. But I don't know why I couldn't have said a few words to let her know. I really regret it and I want to tell her. But I don't think I can say it. Like I've said it to my self many times in the mirror before, but I just couldn't say it. Is there thing that I could do to make this easier? Thanks!

2. smokey-knows-all

do it with a text and hit send before you think about it too much

3. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You'll get there. We all went through this.

4. Qwissen

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Same thing happened to me! I tried to come out to my cousin through skype but couldn't. I just said " I am" *pause* "I am" I just couldn't say it.So i just told him to forget it. =S

5. limeslam

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi everyone,

so i decided to not tell anyone yet. I think I should just wait a bit until I'm a bit more secure with who I am before I tell anyone.

---------- Post added 16th Jun 2013 at 08:17 PM ----------

Haha I kinda want to do it personally some how. I think the least I'll ever do is call. Thanks!

---------- Post added 16th Jun 2013 at 08:17 PM ----------

Haha seriously sucks though.

---------- Post added 16th Jun 2013 at 08:20 PM ----------

Haha yeah. I told her I'll tell her another time. I tried to leave some hints, but I'm not sure if she has picked up on them. I asked her if she had any clue, and she said she might. But I don't think so, because she hasn't ever really picked upon on it because I've been leaving hints for quite some time and she still tried to get me to ask out one of my girl friends.

6. KnownSecret

Yeah when I get to the point where I just can't say it I just have that person guess haha!
    Just say what's your guess, I wont be mad if your wrong and maybe their guess will help you muster up some courage! You can do it! I have faith in you :wink: Its sometimes just really hard to do it! Another time will come, maybe this time just wasn't the right time for you? Good luck! If you ever need anyone to talk to just message me on my wall :wink:

~Zack~

7. Parsley

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That's okay. I tried quite a few times before I actually managed to make the words come out of my mouth. I think I tried on three or four separate occasions before I managed to tell my first friend. The words kept getting stuck, and not leaving my mouth. But eventually I managed to tell her, and she was supportive and I felt SO relieved.

Just try again. And if it doesn't work that time either, try again. It gets easier. Really. I promise.

#7 Parsley, Jun 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
  8. limeslam

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thanks man! Yeah, I just don't think the timing was right. But I'll be sure to mention you! Thanks :grin:

---------- Post added 19th Jun 2013 at 10:42 PM ----------

Thanks!

9. chrisV

when you do feel ready, just send a text. trust me, when you do come out, it is the greatest feeling you will have ever felt.

10. Chickenlover

...trees and rocks and rocks and trees and WATER!
    It is really hard to come out. It's kind of like standing on a high diving board, and being afraid to jump because then you can't turn back. I sympathise. I've had the same problem as you many times. Just keep trying. With my friends I talked with them and tried to create an atmosphere of trust, so I knew I could rely on them before coming out. It gets easier every time though.

11. limeslam

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Very true. Thanks man. But its funny cause I'm sort of the dare devil guy, but for some reason this just isn't working out. Oh well :slight_smile:

12. limeslam

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thanks!