1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can’t seem to settle

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Anaduin, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Anaduin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I mostly consider myself bi, and I’m a bit new to he lgbqt world. I feel that I’m constantly flowing between which gender I prefer so constantly that it varies by day. Is this something that anyone else has experienced? Is this normal when you are younger and you settle more with time?
    Also, I’ve had a boyfriend from before I was gay and am currently out to only 1 friend. I don’t feel comfort telling him. But, I have days where I love him more than anything and days where I’d prefer to break up with him and be with a girl for a change. It’s causing my head to spin and I’m just confused. Any advice?

2. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Mine shifts from one gender to the other. Some days I like guys more and some days I like girls more. I think it did shift a little more when I was younger, but now close to forty it still shifts, just not as often.

3. emma1200

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I’m in a practically identical situation as you right now. I consider myself bi but have a lot of phases where my preferences shift to each side. I’m sure I like girls but still figuring out if I still like guys. It is super frustrating when ur preferences change so often especially when you’re in a relationship. Personally I think if you’re mostly happy in your relationship there’s not much to worry about. Even though youre in a straight relationship you’re still bi. You wanting to break up with him to be with a girl for a change may just be that your getting bored in your relationship with this particular guy and you want to break up just to be with another person in general maybe a girl or guy. Unless you find yourself thinking that you want to break up and be with a girl more times than not, you may want to reevaluate, or just break up with him and see where life takes you. But if not you have nothing to worry about.

In the end sexuality is fluid and I’ve been having trouble labeling myself too but there isn’t any rush. Just do what you think is right in your relationship whether or not it has anything to do with your sexuality.

Anaduin likes this.