1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can’t figure out how to find people to date

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by PeanutB, May 15, 2023.

1. PeanutB

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Pretty recently I have came to the conclusion that I literally cannot find anyone to date! I don’t know how to present myself in a way to attract other lesbians but also not publicly out myself too bad. I go to a Catholic School so the population of Lesbians are pretty low. My mom is just telling me that it’s too much work to have a relationship right now and I need to finish school first but I am so tired of feeling alone and I want someone to cuddle. I am so confused on how everyone else I know is finding people, I need help! Maybe some stories on how y’all met your partners or maybe just some advice.

anyway have a good day! I hope this post makes sense because I am kinda to lazy to read back through it to make sure I have Englished properly

2. Wanderlost

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My ex and I went to the same school. She became part of a social group of close friends I had in secondary school. There were 6 of us that did everything together, or some combination of the 6 of us. I had previously and sort of part way through secondary school has a few experiences with another girl who was a family friend, so I knew I could be into girls as well as guys. Over time in my group of friends I figured out one girl was a lesbian. She didn't flaunt it but she didn't hide it either. Eventually I worked up the courage to ask her out to do one on one things together. I think she caught the vibe and we sort of slipped into a pattern of being the two in our group who circled around each other romantically. One night at a low key party as a friends house we kissed for the first time after getting very cozy on a sofa together watching movies. It was sublime, and we dated officially for a bit over a year.

I don't know if that helps you at all. How old are you? You're mom could be right. I was always told by mom the same thing as yours tells you. To just have friends until I was well into college. She didn't want me sidetracked. Some people do better than others with dating during teen years. You just have to know yourself and how you cope with love, angst, high emotions, and priorities. If you date someone with similar goals it helps. You can work together to excel, sort of thing.

Put yourself out there, be noticed, (wear ugly rainbow shit, shoelaces ands bracelets are subtle but obvious.) and seek out those who you want to get to know, regardless of orientation. For me it was dumb luck really.

#2 Wanderlost, May 15, 2023
    Last edited: May 15, 2023
    AnxiousReader likes this.