1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I came out to my younger brother

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Pinkerton, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Pinkerton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It wasn't even my plan to come out to him first. My plan which I considered the easiest was to come out to one of my past teachers on Facebook who is openly supportive of LGBT+ rights, but I kept putting it off because I was still scared despite that fact and I was struggling to find the words to say which probably has to do with my Asperger's. Because of that I had it sitting in my notes for about a month now and every day I told myself I was going to continue forward, but I kept putting it off in favor of other things.

So yesterday I came out to my brother. It wasn't planned, it was something that just happened. So my younger brother who is 8 wanted to play video games in my room as he usually does, so he was playing the game while I was on my laptop. I don't want to explain how it got to this point, but we were talking and we got to a point which made me ask what he has against gay people and he was like "I don't know." and then asked "Why? Are you gay?" and I said no. Then he said "Bisexual?" and not knowing what to say, I just went "I don't know."

He resumed playing the video game, but shortly after I couldn't take it. It was already out there with him asking if I was bisexual and I didn't want to lie anymore, so I first made sure he promised not to tell anyone which he did and then admitted that I was bi and he just said "Oh." Not really knowing what to say next I said "Do you have a problem with me now?" and he said "No because you're my brother." which was so relieving to hear.

I did say a couple more things about it after by telling him that I want to tell everyone else when I'm ready and that I still have a preference for women, but after that was done it wasn't brought up again. I never thought I would be strong enough to come out to anyone I know, but it just happened and I'm still amazed that I was able to do it despite being hesitant to do so in the moment. It feels like this isn't even real and that I'm just having a wonderful dream.

So, to anyone that's reading this that's currently in the closet and is scared to come out, be strong and don't feel like you aren't strong enough to come out, because you are. If I can do it, then anyone can.

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations Pinkerton!:thumbsup:That took a lot of courage, but you got it out there and now you have someone (a family member, in fact) who knows and is accepting. That's wonderful!:slight_smile: