1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am stunned!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by goratrix, Apr 5, 2005.

1. goratrix

http://www.ageofconsent.com/paraguay.htm

12? I mean... 12? who the hell can conset to sexual relations at 12? Although... this takes the legal issue out of my problem... which means I can probably think about it in other ways.

I don't know what to think. I still think it would be wrong for me to go ahead with this kid (he's 15). It's not just the legal issue that was holding me back. There is the 'teacher-student' relation, but it would appear that it doesn't matter much to the people over here. So... all the moral issues I was questioning myself with seem to be pointless to this society. Although the fact that I am a man that likes another man seems to be pretty hard to accept...

I don't know... I am confused... I don't know what to think.

I would appreciate any comment on this.

2. nisomer

Of course it's wrong! I don't see why it wouldn't be wrong. He is 15 years old, more importantly--underage. I don't seem to understand what you were talking about when you were questioning your morality. It would be better to wait until he is older, or better yet, find someone else.

3. hawkeye

1)You have said in other posts that the guy is a jerk, and that ought to be the deciding factor.
    2)I also dont remember you ever saying that you know that he is gay or interested.
    3)even though the age of consent is 12, it is more a personal moral issue of weather you think its right to go with the guy
    4)The paraguap law in that page also states that "corruption"(in the form of force or something like that) against a person between 10 and 20 is punishable with 10-16 years.

I think that theres always going to be straight guys to fall over, but you have to accept that it wont happen.

4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

The basic numbers in the list don't always tell the whole story. There is generally a page giving more details (click on the country name). Often in the countries with apparently low ages of consent, there are additional laws covering corruption of minors etc. In some cases there can only be a limited age difference between partners under 18 or 21, which allows younger people to do things with people around their age legally but makes sex between an adult and a child illegal. Countries with lower ages of consent tend to attract "sex tourists" so laws need to be in place to make that sort of thing illegal.

5. goratrix

Hey... now... we are talking about paraguay... The last emmendment to the constitution was in 1992, and I people don't care much about the law.

Anyway... the moral issue still stands... whic is probably the reason that I'm going mad! I am both flirting and pushing him away at the same time. Giving hints I might like him but not letting it all out. It's what I used to do with girls... and I fear it could lead to something really messy in the long run.

Anyway... I'm almost sure he's not interested... I don't think a gay guy would go out with two or three women at the same time... but that's just me... and I can't think like many others do... I will never understand religious people for instance... so perhaps I can't understand a gay guy in extreme dennial... who knows?

Anyway... I am under a lot of pressure lately, and the only outing I seem to have is taekwond.... so I spent three hours in a row today. And he was there all the time. I didn't stop once to even glimpse at him. I didn't even think about him. However, at the end of the class I challenged him to a PS2 game... and my challenge wasn't exactly: hey, do you want to play this game?

It was like this. I looked at him in the eyes, and I said: we need to solve this in a non-controlled environment. Without rank differences, without instructors or professors to stop us. You name the arena, and the time, I'll be there.

And then he brought up this game and well... it kinda started there.

Afterwards when he was about to leave we were handshaking and he started squeezing my hand... now... I have pretty strong hands as well, so I stood up. And we remained like that for about two minutes, staring at each others' eyes. And he said something like: this is thanks to playing a lot of arcade, and handling the PS controls. To which I replied... 'I was about to say something else... but still'. And he laughed and noded his head... to which I added (I COULDN'T RESIST) 'oh, man, that's sad' Although I don't think he got the last bit...

Still It was nothing, and It didn't bring up any feelings... so I think I'm starting to get over him... (yeah... you can't tell since I seem to talk only about him... but still... soon I'll start to post about something else)