1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am so sick of feeling like I'm insane and out of touch with reality.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Strawlem, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Strawlem

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I was raised a Christian. Sometimes I have a bit of a mental breakdown where I can't help but feel like I'm actually the crazy one. Everybody but the sect of christiantiy I was raised in is going to hell, most of the world is worshipping Satan, I am insane for not believing/secretly know that I'm a slave to the devil and basically just every actually insane thought you can imagine that involves Christianity and religion. Typing this out actually makes me feel a bit better because it sounds stupider when I type it out. And, long story short, realizing I'm bi has not helped with the frequency of these episodes.

End rant.

2. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am a Christian and bisexual too. It took me literal years and years to come to terms with me being both of those things at the same time. And coming across homophobia (or in my and your case, biphobia) isn't helping. I still get times where I feel really guilty, dirty and just wrong. Then I remind myself that it's a part of who I am as a person. If the rest of me is fine, surely that part is too?

To get back to you though: What makes you say that the rest of the world are Satanists? Because their religious (or anti-religious) views differ from yours? Another reason?

Waffless likes this.
  3. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No that sounds like most Christians/religious people I know. Their interpretation of a book written by men is the only correct one, and everyone else is screwed. Granted some are a bit more anal about it than others.

Pretty sure there are far more pressing issues God is ignoring to be to worried about you occasionally thinking another girl is cute.

4. smurf

The trauma created by religious upbringing is fucking real man. Sorry that you are going through this.

Like you just discovered, talking about it helps a lot. Typing it out, talking with friends, following other people going through the same things helps.

It sounds that you are surrounded by religious people right now which its super draining. I would invite you to use social media to surround yourself with people who are religious and openly gay or even people who are no longer religious and healing from the trauma created by the church.

A great documentary to watch is "For the Bible Tells Me So". Its super well done and incredibly healing.

Hugs sent your way. We know how painful it can be.