1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i am shaking right now (christians)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Alessio, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Alessio

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So i just came out to my parents, which has been a MAJOR milestone for me... I suddenly realized that postponing it won't get me any further, so i decided to say fuck everything and come out as gay to my christian parents. The result? They were supportive, and told me they loved me nonetheless, and that god loves me anyway (even though god doesn't exist to me). I have gathered courage for this moment for so long and right now when its actually has happened, i am shaking in my room now and all of my support system people are probably asleep. Now I only have one hurdle: my homophobic big brother. Tbh I actually don't know how i feel right now. I feel empty and suddenly very tired. God damn it I hope this fucked up feeling goes away

TaylorCO likes this.
  2. Bernice

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well that seems like a positive result with the support. As you say only one hurdle to go and you've now got your parents behind you.

TaylorCO likes this.
  3. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Alessio.....Wow!! Congrats! Happy! Happy! Happy! Happy! How about writing down what you want to say to your brother. That way you can be sure to include what is important and leave out the rest. Then you can give it to him, leave it for him to find or use it as a script to help you get ready to tell him. I am so glad that you parents accepted you! That is great!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

4. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! Huge kudos for such bravery.
    It is normal to feel weird and tired after doing something frightening, whether it's coming out or being in a fight or a car crash. It's you body's natural response to stress.
    After a few days you will get accustomed to your new relationship with your family. For me, it took me a long time to get my head around the fact that nobody treated me any differently.
    If it helps, I had always assumed my oldest brother was homophobic. When I came out to him his attitude was 'so what - you are still Tom!'. But remember if your brother has a problem with it, it is his problem not yours.

Once again congratulations on such bravery.

TaylorCO and medamaude like this.