1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am back!

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by IWICCO, Jul 28, 2019.

1. IWICCO

Hello, Everyone. I have been absent from this site for about three years. If you have followed me, I have had some major changes in my life. I wrote about my wife having cancer and being in the final stages of her battle. She passed away last year, so my life has changed drastically. Well over a year later, I have progressively started to come out to family and friends (I think I am bi, but feeling really gay lately). In fact, I have come out to one of my sisters, which is HUGE for me! She did not even blink an eye when I told her. She is beyond supportive. As I mentioned, I am feeling conflicted about whether or not I am gay or bi. I am attracted to women, but after being with a woman since I was a teenager, I am only interested in pursuing a relationship with a man, so I can pursue a side of me I never have.

This is so weird for me, so I would like advice. I just turned 50 years-old and have two adult sons. They do not know about my orientation but I have support of five of the people who mean the most in the world to me. That means so much to me. I just just want to get to the point where I live my authentic life. I feel my sons will be fine but it is just so weird to bring the subject up. I do not want them to think any different of me as their father. Make sense?

I can say I am at the point where I pretty much don't give a shit what people think. I am still attracted to women but more so to men. I will never enter a relationship where I am not TOTALLY honest about who I am. Peoples' judgments be damned! At the end of the day, I guess I want advice on how to come out to my sons and others. I know I can just say it but I am still hesitant.

2. DecentOne

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome back. I guess I’ve arrived since the time you were away. I just came out as bisexual last year.

Sorry to hear about your wife’s illness and death.

As far as how to come out to your sons, is there a time when you can meet face-to-face? Is it easy to have them together for this, or are they far apart?

I find younger generations are pretty good at being accepting of sexual orientation. I would think you revealing to them that you’d been open about this with their Mom, and that you didn’t have any reason to reveal it to them until now since you might consider dating a guy at some point, would be a pretty honest way of bringing them up to speed.

3. Sundara

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi welcome back!
    Thanks for your sharing. I am sorry for your wife. But now you have opportunity to explore yourself. I wish you find the best everything you want to do in the future.

I am married with kids, sometimesI I dream to divorce with my wife but she loves me very much so I skip it because I always thinking about my kids.My focus now on my kids how to give them the best life and education.

But since I know that I can't give my true love to a woman but man I am waiting a chance to be a single.

If I were single I know what I want so I think you should reflect to yourself what do you want to reach in your life now. For me to have a guy in my life and spend my time until the last breath is my goal.

This life is very hard, especially I am living in moslem country.

Do the best for you, reflect yourself what do you want to reach then.

Thank
    Greetings from Indonesia