1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I’m so stupid and i’m sorry (an explanation for inactivity)

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by xfemmelesbian, Apr 3, 2023.

1. xfemmelesbian

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    TW: mention of s/h, su*c*dal thoughts and hearing voices. (No details though)

So I have not been active for a couple of days and I wanted to explain why. So people understand I have been officially diagnosed with borderline personality disorder, schizophrenia and body dysmorphic disorder for a while.

I can’t remember which day everything started because I dissociated and my brain has blocked most of it out but the story behind my inactivity is that somebody in my life was repeatedly triggering me and no matter which DBT skills I used it just didn’t help me or the situation and it just erupted into a huge argument where I was called selfish, evil, a hypochondriac, an attention seeker and this person told me they hate me multiple times. This was heartbreaking for me because whilst I am horrible when i’m angry I have never said anything like these things said to me (the majority of things I mention are aimed at myself and are frantic efforts to avoid abandonment) and I did not believe I am any of these things but I do now and I can’t get them out of my head. There is a DBT skill called ‘STOP’ I was desperately trying to use but this person would not met me leave the room. I then did something extremely stupid. I hurt myself pretty badly and ended up writing a su*c*de note and did have plans to go through with it but then I saw a picture of me and my girlfriend and was horrified at what I had done. I sobbed uncontrollably and was ashamed of myself and I still am deeply. I am by no means an angel but the majority of the things I said in that argument was just me defending myself and asking them to stop. I am going to take accountability though and say I did swear at them and tell them i’m done with them. I had voices screaming at me the entire time. I then blocked this person on various contact points to protect myself but left one point of contact open just incase because I planned to unblock them but I then got a text saying “I see you have erased me from your life so i’ll be gone soon, don’t you worry” which sent me into a huge panic because I felt like it would be my fault if they did something.

My girlfriend has been with me ever since and comforted me. We basically live together anyway but I am so grateful to her. In all honesty in that moment all I wanted was for everything to stop. Things have been sorted out between me and this person (it wasn’t my girlfriend) and they have since apologised and taken responsibility and I apologised for my part in it too but I can’t stop thinking about it. This was not my friend from my previous thread either, it was somebody else. I feel like the worst person alive. I know i’m not the only victim in this situation because I reacted. I am genuinely lucky not to be back in a psychiatric hospital because things had been building up for a while. I’m still hearing voices frequently and seeing my mental health nurse and psychologist soon. I have been speaking to mental health professionals. I want to stress that I am safe. I’m vulnerable at the moment but will be okay. I’m extremely disappointed in myself because I hadn’t harmed myself in a while and I scar abnormally due to a physical health problem too so that is not going to help my body issues as I already have scars.

I apologise for my inactivity and I hope everyone is doing okay and is having a great day. :slight_smile:

74andHome likes this.
  2. PlutoTheOpposum

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh my goodness. It sounds like you're going through a lot... that is terrible. The person you are talking about, based on what you are saying, sounds pretty toxic. Saying they hate you and that YOURE selfish for not wanting to be triggered? And then saying such a condescending message afterwards. It doesn't matter if they were angry, that is not okay to say to someone. And I'm sorry you relapsed. I actually relapsed very recently, too, so I know how that feels. I'd say more, but I'm about to switch classes. I hope things end up okay. Don't feel pressured to post on here or to respond, this is just supposed to be a safe place.
    Sending hugs your way <3

3. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't you worry about inactivity. The main thing is that you seek support and work with your mental health. I think it's the best to be away from that person, so you did well by blocking them and whatever they do afterwards is no longer your worry. They need to understand the meaning of the word stop and deal with their own mental health. Communication is always a two way thing and when other side don't even try to understand and force themselves on you, then there is nothing else to do than get away from them, until they understand, what they did wrong.

I'm glad it's all resolved now and hugs your way. There is nothing that you should be feeling guilty for. It's in the past now. Main thing is for you to get better.

4. Cinnamoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'll PM you later but NEVER apologise okay!!!!!

Focus on yourself ok and post as much or as little as you want. This forum is going nowhere

5. Wanderlost

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm so sorry this happened to you. There's no need for apologies about an absence, especially such a short one. Just get better okay? And like Cinnamoon said, this place isn't going anymore. *hugs*

6. xfemmelesbian

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you everyone for your replies, I just didn’t want people to think I was ignoring them.

I promise I will get back to everyone over the next couple of days or maybe even tomorrow. I just wanted to explain and am just going to spend tonight with my girlfriend. Sending hugs to everyone and i’m sorry you relapsed too Pluto. You’re all very kind and I appreciate you all caring. :hearts:

74andHome likes this.
  7. 74andHome

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You’re an amazing person and I hope you at least can see and understand that. You have conditions that set you up to not believe that and instead puts you in conflict with the very part of yourself that you need support from. You are so much stronger than the rest of us. You deal with issues we don’t even understand and here you are, hurting but getting it done. You did that! Let us all help in any way we can. We want to be there for you. Oh and that perfection thing that’s going on. Think about letting that go. You don’t need it and it doesn’t work either-for any of us. Truly none of us can even come close. So miss a day, miss two days. It’s not a reflection on who you are or whether you’re a good or bad person. Your good, that’s clear. Let us be there for you in any way you need. Please do see a therapist. It’s good for the soul says the retired therapist.

xfemmelesbian and Wanderlost like this.