1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I’m not okay

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Jake k, Feb 13, 2022.

1. Jake k

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am still recovering for my ex cheating on me. It doesn’t help I have a long history of mental health issue such as ocd and Avpd. It literally eating at me. I can’t stop thinking about how my ex used me and basically gas lighted me. Telling me it’s my fault that he wasn’t happy and yet he calls on me to take him to the hospital when his life was at risk and stayed with him for two days as a good boyfriend would. But I didn’t get that treatment back in return. It doesn’t help I have no support system and being told by everyone that I just need to get over it. I want to go back to therapy but I probably won’t be able to find good one that can deal with my problems. It also doesn’t help that I get yelled at every time I bring up how my ex hurt me. Ik I need help I have no damn clue how to get the right help

2. bsg75apollo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You take the first steps by looking for a therapist who deals with your issues. Make an appointment. Repeat until you click with someone. Also vent here because no one is going to yell at you and have a support system. I've been gas lighted myself. It takes a while to move on from it.

3. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    • Jake.....When I wrote to you the last time I encouraged you to take time for yourself. I still think that is important. You need to separate yourself from your ex. As difficult as it may be, that includes working through the emotions and then putting them in a box, and just leaving it alone for a while. :old_oops: To get this done you just really need to find that right therapist. My therapist has helped me so much...I just would not be the person I am now without his help. Look for a therapist that lists that he works with the LGBTQ Community. They don't have to be gay and they can be either male or female, which ever you think you'll be more comfortable with. :old_cool: This is just so important. There are things that we can not do by ourselves. I broke my leg a few years ago...I didn't try to fix it myself, I could not do that. So it is with emotional distress...there are times when we just need some one else - an expert - to help us find the solution to the problem. Please don't convince yourself that; "I probably won’t be able to find good one that can deal with my problems" You can find a good one. You did say that; "I want to go back to therapy" that's a great first step! :old_smile: So go ahead and take the second step and start looking for a good therapist! :old_big_grin:
    • .....David :gay_pride_flag:

4. Jake k

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I made a appointment for tomorrow to start therapy again so wish me luck you guys

LostInDaydreams likes this.
  5. bsg75apollo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good luck. I hope that it helps.

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Glad you found a therapist! Let us know how it goes...

7. Jake k

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Update:

my therapist had to leave the practice due to health issues and have to see a new one on Tuesday