1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I’m Just Some Mythical Amalgamation of PC Buzzwords

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by bluemohawk, Oct 11, 2019.

1. bluemohawk

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I’ve been thinking about this again (well all the time, but this is enough to write down if you know what I mean). This is very difficult for me to think about (but somehow I think about it so much that it's ruining my life, I don’t know), because I don’t know if certain things are “just me”. Also not to bite the hand that feeds me, but I wish not every trans person I saw or heard about was able-bodied. I feel like I can’t see myself anywhere, like I’m just some mythical amalgamation of PC buzzwords. I can’t talk about this anywhere in real life because my family is LGBT-phobic and barely gives me any privacy. Then the one other person that I know who is part of the community is transphobic (so much for that crush lol). All added with the current climate of these topics, makes me feel like I’m tied to the ground and it’s sinking. I’m just so frustrated with people saying that a bunch of other women also dislike what I dislike. But it’s different, I think women dislike having to deal with it, and I dislike it because I feel like I shouldn’t have to. Does that make sense? I’m just so frustrated and confused that I’m this close to rolling myself down a flight of stairs... I wish I wasn’t so afraid what other people’s reactions to all of this would be. I know it’s awful to just sit around and wait for someone else to “get it”, but I know there’s no safety for me if I were straightforward about it.

AlexJames likes this.