1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I’m confused and worried I guess

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by duckient, Apr 6, 2019.

1. duckient

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi. I’m new here, and decided to find somewhere to post because I don’t really have anyone to talk to irl.
    Anyways, I grew up in a devout christian household with most of my family cringing at the mere mention of a gay couple on television. So, naturally, I always thought that it was wrong to like girls (I’m a girl) and always kind of ignored the thoughts that a girl was pretty and that I’d like to spend time with her and be around her.
    In junior high I started kind of realizing that girls were great and wow they’re super awesome, but because I was scared, I always went after the guys. I never dated any of them, though.
    A few months ago I started to accept that feeling towards girls, and realize the fact that I might just like both girls and boys. I remember sitting on the floor in the bathroom with the shower running as I bawled my eyes out in fear of what my family would think if they found out.
    So far, four people know. My sister, my best friend, a gay friend of mine, and my mom. My mom simply said “okay” when I said that I might like girls, and I expected that from her. My sister is supportive, though she has apologized because she doesn’t really get it. She used to be pretty opposed to anything like that, but she’s changed after realizing that she can think for herself.
    But, it’s my dad and the rest of my family that i’m worried about. I always feel uncomfortable around them because I feel like I’m lying in some way, but I know that if I said anything, I’d probably be, in the worst case, shunned and kicked out. I don’t want to tell anyone else. And I don’t want to try and date anyone; boy or girl. I’m scared of meeting people now because of the thought that my family will figure it out. I’m just, in general, scared.
    I’m posting here because I just hope that someone has gone through the same kind of situation cool give me some general advice on my situation. Not specifically coming out, because I’m not sure I’ll ever really want to fully do that. But, any advice would be incredibly appreciated. Thanks so much.