1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hyperacusis-ear sensitivity (just support-scared)

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by ECMember, Nov 2, 2019.

1. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Last week I started noticing some increased ear sensitivity on my right ear. I work in a office setting for a contractor that works with the VA(United States). I've used a headset(corded one similiar to a thin headset people would use on Xbox live for chatting) to make calls to providers for medical records.

Well, it started off as neck pain but I think it was radiating from the ear. I went to an ER last week for the neck pain pulsating feeling and the ER doc just DX me with "neck pain" and gave me some scripts which I didn't take. I've felt some increased anxiety(hot flashes-body heat, palpitations, random blood pressure changes, increased sensitivity), random sinus pressure/head pressure, fullness in ear, pulsating in ears, trouble sleeping, fluid feeling in ear, nose, throat(that comes and goes). I saw a Nurse Practioner at the same clinic that my DO(pcp doc) is at last Friday, Oct 25 she referred me for an ENT consult and referral for neck ultrasound because of that throbbing feeling I had. She thinks part of the issue is anxiety and tinnitus. I went for an ultrasound last Saturday....the ultrasound came back as fine

On Monday(Oct 28), I was feeling like shit that morning. Just head pressure and bad sensitivity to any sound in the small cafe located in the same building I work at. I just said fuck It and just ubered my ass to the hospital. During the uber car ride to the ER, the uber driver guy had some wierd 1940s or 50s bing band Bing Crosby or Frank Sinatra shit on the radio and my ears felt with bad pressure and felt some wierd vein throbbing.....I thought I was having stroke signs or whatever.

I made it to the ER finally. My BP was a bit elevated 150/100 or something like that. My pulse was normal. They did ekg and labs. The ER doc ordered two CT(non contrast of my brain and sinus). The CTs came back fine. BP later went to down 140 something over 90 something after the ER doc ordered a chewable mclezine tab to help with some of the symptoms.

The ER doc dx me with tinnutis but he couldn't really pin point if the tinnitus is causing the blood pressure spikes or if it was tinnitus and anxiety.

Oct 29(my birthday--shitty right)....I saw my shrink and explained what happened. My BP when I saw her wasn't super elevated it was 130 something over 88 or 90. My shrink did Rx zoloft to help with the sleep which I started on Thursday at 25mg. I follow up with her on Monday(Nov 4)

I had an appt at the ENT doc on 10/31. My bp was 142 or 140 something over 90 something. They did a ear pressure test and simple hearing test and the doc there dx as hyperacusis-tinnutis. He did say to follow up with my PCP doc on the HTN-bp and Follow up with psych with the sleep-Zoloft stuff. He did say if the hyperacusis-tinnutis crap isn't getting better to let him know. Maybe he would order a Brain MRI

At the moment, I'm a bit anxious somewhat if I have some brain aneurysm or neck aneurysm in my neck vein or artery. Then again, if I did have one wouldn't have already killed my ass or at least caused worse symptoms. I mean the CT(without contrast) at the ER would have showed at least a spot or mass on my brain if there was some issue with a vein or artery or bleed.

I mean I'm just a bit nervous around sound and feel like if any sound would raise my blood pressure up.