1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How well do transitions work post-puberty?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Gage, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Gage

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So, I've been contemplating actually talking to people about wanting to transition lately, and I was wondering how well they work out depending on the age groups.

I'm 16 going on 17 in September, so obviously puberty started awhile ago. I've heard since I've waited as long as I have I've already caused some irreversible damage to my body for if I was going to transition.

Basically, what I'm trying to ask is how well would it work out for how old I am, and would it be worse if I waited until I was old enough (18) to start something like this on my own?

2. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's just fine to transition once your old enough. Most damage done by puberty happens early on and it sounds like you're on the tail end of it anyway, but there are people who transition when they're 50+ so don't worry too much about it. You've got a lot of time to decide. :slight_smile:

And if you ever need to talk about any issues or anything just post a message on my wall and you can talk to me. (*hug*)

3. Gage

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you ha-ha

I didn't want to have to worry about a time frame, It's good to know that I won't have to!
    That also means that I can start when I'm a little bit older and I won't have to deal with telling my parents before I'm ready to because I wouldn't need their consent.

I'll make sure to remember you if I ever need someone to talk to :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: