1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How was 2023 for you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Andrew99, Dec 23, 2023.

?

How was 2023 for you?

1. 1 (worst)

10.5%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4

21.1%
  5. 5

15.8%
  6. 6

10.5%
  7. 7

15.8%
  8. 8

10.5%
  9. 9

10.5%
  10. 10 (best)

5.3%
  1. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    1. What was the biggest change in your life this year?

2. What are your plans for the Christmas/New Years?

3. How were relationships with boyfriends/girlfriends?

4. What news story sticks in your mind the most from 2023?

5. Favorite song/artist from the year?

6. Did you make any new years resolutions and if so, did you stick to them?

7. Did you do anything you never thought you would do?

8. Did you gain any new qualifications?

9. What is your happiest memory from the year?

10. What were the best and worst months of 2023 for you?

11. Are you making any new years resolutions for 2024? What do you hope will be different?

12. How do you rate 2023 on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the worst and 10 being the best)?

13. Will you still be on EC this time next year?

2. Sammy1995

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Coming out as trans. I feel like most of the year wasnt good but the end has been amazing. There's so many nice people and I actually Iike myself. I'm probably going to get very drunk at Chrtmas. I'm kind of just focussing on myself right now I guess it would be nice to date but I dont need the knocks to my confidence. I feel like 2024 is going to be painful but I'm going to transition whether my government wants me to or not. I don't see me leaving this community for a long time if at all. Thanks to everyone who's supported me and given me advice I'm so happy.

3. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

Moving out and living alone. Thankful it could work out :slight_smile:

Nothing much, just small family gathering for Xmas. NYE to be determined lol

Non existant.

Israel - Palestine

Part time lovers - Hazlett
    Dead to me - Palaye Royale

I wanted to read more, and I did :slight_smile:

I did a couple things that I didnt really see myself doing in the near future, but never is a bit of an exaggeration lol

N/A

Moving out and a couple small road trips.

Best: April-September.

Worst: January-March, weren't bad, but my patience was tested.

11. Are you making any new years resolutions for 2024? What do you hope will be different?

Going to try and keep reading.

I've been trying to have the mentality that it's much better to do something alone than wait for somebody else, (end up missing out because they cancel or I cant find somebody else that wants to do the thing as well). 2024 I want to lean more into that.

12. How do you rate 2023 on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the worst and 10 being the best)?

9.25 -Thankful for the way this year went.

You bet Tibet

4. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

5. Vintage gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This has been a very wonderful year. My wife (now ex-wife) finally finalized our divorce. I have lived a very active gay life and lived out a lot of those fantasies I had as a boy/young man. I will be celebrating the holidays with my ex and kids. After the first of the year, I'll finally come out to them. (thank you EC) I'm 68 years old sexually active, and having a ball. No pun intended.

6. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    2023 was a wake up call in the same way a bucket of ice cold water thrown at your face at 3 AM would be.

My life imploded but I was miserable anyway, so I'm kind of glad that it set on fire. Now I have the chance to rebuild.

I'm ready for 2024. Whatever it wants to throw at me, so be it. I'll make it work.

7. JT1999

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

I moved in with my boyfriend two days ago, my old flat is now mostly empty and on the market.

Going to his parent’s this year for Christmas dinner, then going back to our house for the night. Going to my parent’s house for Boxing Day then doing the rounds seeing aunts, uncles, grandparents etc.

Things have been great with my boyfriend, it feels like we’ve definitely ended the year a lot closer than the beginning. The girls have been a mixed bag this year, some good some not so good.

The death of Matthew Perry from Friends.

Anything by Miley! Also developed a bit of a taste for 90s Brit-pop this year.

Nothing exciting, all food, alcohol, training related. Mostly kept them.

Yeah I did, something I’ve wanted to do for a loooong time.
    Had a threesome!

No, but have signed up to a personal training qualification starting in January.

hmmm, tough one. Needs more thought.

Best months were the last few months of the year, the rest of the year was less exciting

Not given it much thought, but I definitely want to do a marathon at some point. Would also like to get stronger but I know breaking through the plateau I’m at will take everything I’ve got for months and I’m not sure I have the energy for it.

I gave it an 8.

Maybe, we’ll see.

8. Jahiem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I got a new job unexpected at a job fair.

Spending Time with family, I have family members stopping by.

N/A haven't been looking.

Watching people run in stores and stealing things.

I listen to older music

I don't do new year resolutions, If i have a goal i want to do at the moment i'll just work on it.

Complete schooling

Completed my Medical billing course
    Obtained my certification in health care access

I have to think it was a pretty tame year.

Not passing my medical coding certification

Continuing my weight loss journey
    Studying and passing my coding and Billing certications
    Less social media
    Going on vacation

7 or 8 not it wasn't a bad year

Yes

#8 Jahiem, Dec 23, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2023
  9. tearingtherose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

My wife becoming so ill that she is now in a care home making me a single dad and finally free from an abusive marriage.

Visiting relatives on the big days but mostly staying at home to enjoy my children.

My wife was horrible but it's over. I've fallen for a man and couldn't be happier.

The search for the Titan submersible.

Now & Then by The Beatles. I can finally say, just like my parents once did, I bought the new Beatles single.

I resolved to not make a resolution and I kept it.

Download and arrange hook ups with the gay app. Falling in love with a man. Telling a friend that I'm gay.

Nope but most of my work is research so I'm always learning.

The birth of my sixth child.

Worst was April when I spent two weeks in hospital fighting a life threatening infection. While the infection is long gone, I'm still dealing with it's consequences.

Best month was October when I finally accepted that I'm gay, and I also fell in love with my now boyfriend. April me would never have imagine that he would have a boyfriend!

No resolutions but I'm hoping that my family can continue to heal from the ordeal that was my wife. The abuse was not physical, it was entirely psychological and I fear it's going to take all of us a while to truly recover.

5. The first half of the year was a living hell, the second half, while filled with stress and hassle, has been the light at the end of the tunnel that was both a terrible marriage and complete self-denial of my sexuality.

I imagine so!

#9 tearingtherose, Dec 23, 2023
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2023
  10. boopular

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I started freshman year in highschool and somehow got outed? Theres a lot of people who are chill about it (mostly girls) but a lot of my upperclassmen kinda suck. I get called gay by a dude with a mullet every morning walking into first period :I Although there are a lot of douchebags in my school, ive made a lot of friends because i got outed. Somebody i knew but never reall talked to (but she was friends with my sister) now talks to me every day and shes even introduced me to one of her gay friends whos a year older than me, which is a nice refresher from all the rude straight guys in my school (he goes to a different school). Nice to know im not the only gay guy who doesnt vape. My sister was the first person i came out to (2-3 years ago) and this year she decided to out me to my grandpa and grandpa in-law. Though im really happy she did, as theyve both been so supportive and helped me so much. my grandma even told me that shes Bi, which meant way more to me than it shoudve. I wouldn't be happy with who i am without them

Visit my dads side of the family out of state, and spend christmas with my moms side. I would use this time to get to know the afformentioned gay guy but my dad turned my phone service off :I

Never had any. The few gay people in my school are either too old (as in 18. Im 14) or are...interesting, to say the least.

The submarine. As unfortunate as it was (and i mean no disrespect), the tiktoks about it are hilarious.

fav artist:Tyler the Creator Fav Song: Love by kendrick Lamar

Continue to practice my hobbies and activities. Ive continued practicing volleyball for the year and ive been playing for about 2-3 years now. (sucks that my school refuses to start a boys team tho). Ive also been keeping up with instruments. Ive always been good with instruments and im considering instrument based careers for the future. Ive taught myself flute within the year, and ive memorized my goal of 3 more songs on piano. (Yuri On Ice. Merry Go Round Of Life.Tiny Light. I KNOW THEYRE STUPID DONT JUDGE ME IM A BAND GEEK). and ive been consistently practicing trombone to prepare for next years marching band season.

I got drunk with my friends. yes im aware im underaged but womp womp it was only once anyway. it also helped one of my friends recover from addiction. Ig knowing other people felt the same way helped.

"The best not not piano player"-My band director (best piano player in the band despite there being band members who solely play piano. i play trombone in band for reference)

Staying over with my 2 best friends. Were our own little trio. They have helped me through a lot, and i doubt id still be here if it wasnt for them. N+O+Y :heart:

Despite all the benefits of december, its been rough. I live with my great grandparents (mom side) and theyve been like parents to me. My great grandpa has been taken to the hospital for internal bleeding in his brain and for tearing open his hand. My great grandma has been taken to the hospital because of heart complications. (Theyve both come back and are recovering). My dad has not been making december any easier, constantly making everything stressful.

Continue working on volleyball with the hopes of a boys team emerging. Learn a new instrument. Learn a new language (currently working on it).

6 I have known about my sexuality for a few years now, but ive had points where ive been hurt by it. I have had many times where i just wished i could be "normal" because of all the shit i get and hear about being gay. At this point, ive just started ignoring it, and ive been more comfortable with myself since. The last few months have been hell with all the bullshit I have to put up with from my dad, but theres some things that have come into the my life that make me completely forget about that, and in the end, most of them sprouted from the fact that i like men lol

Though I hope to be more active with other people in my community next year, reading stories and things from other people like me has helped me a lot. I hope to have many more conversations on EC next year

Sorry for writing so much I got bored :I

11. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    @boopular ..... I just read your "How was 2023" post. We're glad to have you here on EC as a new member. I sent you a "Welcome Greeting" message on your Profile Wall! :old_smile: Your in band!! I was a band director for 41 years! So you play trombone and a little flute? Cool! Two of my sons also played trombone. My main band instrument is saxophone, but I had to learn to play all of the instruments to be able to teach kids how to play them. Sorry about your dad cutting off your phone...that makes things difficult. I'm glad your grand-parents are feeling better...Christmas is not a good time to be sick. Learning a new language is a great idea...I took years of French in high school and college, but just never use it anymore. I hope that we can help you here on EC. Remember, you are apart of our LGBTQ Family and we do care! :old_big_grin:
    .....David :gay_pride_flag: (band geek too)

12. BlueLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Actually, there hasn't been any remarkable changes, but I've decided that I've had enough with my negativity in the very final days of the current year. That's the reason because I will try to face my life from a different point of view and make my best to improve in all the areas of my life.

Having lunches and dinners with my family. Hopefully, seeing some friends. In short, spending time with my loved ones.

Non-existent

The wars and the suffering that are happening in the world. I think it's terrible that the human being is not able to live in peace.

My favourite song has been one of a Spanish novel artist called Íñigo Quintero. The song is called "Si no estás", which could be translated as "If you're not there".

My favourite artist from the year would be Taylor Swift.

I think I didn't because of being in a low point at the beginning of 2023.

I did in 2022, but not in 2023, LOL

Just a French certificate of intermediate level.

The last days of December, when I changed my point of view about life.

Best month: December.
    Worst month: November or January. I can't make up my mind.

Definitely. As I mentioned before, I want to improve in all the areas of my life.
    it's my definitive chance to be happy, so I'm willing to make the most of it. Hence, it'll be completely different.

Absolutely. Additionally, I will try to be more active.

13. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I got a new position at my company; I got approved for top surgery next year; I’m going to be an uncle to two new kids!

Nothing special. Spend time with the family.

Like the other years, non-existent.

Tyler Joe Miller, Luke Comes, Aaron Goodvin, Cody Johnson

Nope. And I’m probably not going to make any this year either.

I’m in the process of getting my Peace Officer status.

Getting approved for top surgery; getting the new position.

Best months:
    August, November
    Worst months: September

Probably not.

Likely.

14. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I came out of the closet to my family

No special plans. Just relaxing, maybe watch movies.

Nope nothing. :frowning2:

I don't have favourites. Like always I listen to anime songs most. I don't know much about other artist.

None.

Still in the process. I'm a second year university student. Next year will be my 3rd and final year.

My sister being supportive of me. Friend using my chosen name on the postcard she sent. Getting my committee time to be earlier, than expected. Not feeling depressed anymore and getting off my medication. There was multiple happy things this year. I even made a new friend in real life.

This question is too tough for my adhd brain. :grin:

No resolutions.

Despite there being good things this year I rated it a 4. It could be a lot better.

I will stay here as long as I can. I still need support and helping others helps me too.

15. Littavhvert

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In 2023 I started a new school to learn painting and other art. It was fun. I'm glad I dropped out of college. I picked the wrong study and the potential career wasn't for me. It was too stressful.

In 2023 I spent my Christmas with my family, had gifts, Christmas trees, decorations and delicious Christmas food.

I was single and I'm still single. I (F23) have been single my entire life except for three weeks when I was in the "get to know" phase with a "boy" (lived as a boy before coming out as MTF) and dated "him" when we were 16. It was before I figured out I was queer. I wasn't attracted to that person because of the masculine appearance back then.

I thought it was scary when I heard more about the Ukraine and Russia war.

I don't know and I'm not good at remembering names.

No. I don't have a tradition for making new years resolutions. If I need to get something done, I figure it out later.

I fell for two women in my new school and it happened at the same time. I didn't expect my two first "falling in love" in my life incidents happening at the same time.

No.

Christmas, Pride and vacations.

Worst: January, February, November, October > Because it's dark and cold. Even in day time it's dark. Boring! Also, one of my crushes didn't want to be friend with me.
    Best: August > Started new art school. June > Because of Pride.

No.

I rate it as 7/10. 2023 is mostly good because I started new art school, had vacations, Pride etc. It also had it's boring moments like not liking the study I dropped out of. None is happy 24/7. A good year and a good life is 7/10. A normal one is more 5/10.

I joined Empty Closets in February 2024. I don't know how long I will use the site. Times will tell.