1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to stop being brotherzoned?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by hopelesskid, Dec 21, 2020.

1. hopelesskid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am 26 years old and I always get brother or friendzoned. I honestly don't know what I do wrong. I guess it's the fact that maybe I don't know if I like a girl until after I become friends with her. And by that time she already just sees me as a friend or we're really good friends to the point that she sees me like a brother. Keep in mind it's multiple girls saying this, it's not a bad thing, it just sucks that girls don't see me in the romantic light. I was telling one of my best friends (I like her and she knows I does) that another girl that I once talked to said that she couldn't date me because I reminded her of her little brother. So I told my friend that I kinda see why, I'm sweet, funny, and adorable but I don't see how that doesn't make me datable, what else could it be? My friend told me that "all everyone wants to do is pat me on the head." And I get that because I look like a 16 year old (I look hella young for my age) i'm 5'1(hella short for my age) so maybe that's another reason why? I'm not a girly girl, but I don't dress completely like a guy, so maybe tomboyish? I just wish girls would actually give me a chance; I would say I wish that they would see me, like I see me, but to be honest I don't know how I see me. But I do know it's not someone's little brother, I might lookout and protect them like one, but that's not the end goal. How do I fix this?

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't have a lot of good examples in person because I'm in a conservative area, but I would say using a dating app or website can help filter out people only wanting to be friends. I've made several friends, but I would say the vast majority are using dating apps for romance, whether short or long term.