1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to start exploring

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by the3m, Aug 25, 2014.

1. the3m

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So I've just moved to a large city, and would like to start exploring my sexuality anonymously. I'm 28, not out to anyone (only just myself), but would like to start meeting other gay people and seeing where it goes... Not after anything overly physical at this stage although a little intimacy wouldn't go amiss :wink:

So how should I go about this... go to a gay club and hope to be chatted up? meet someone through a dating website... what do you all think?

Thanks!

2. gutsrie

It all depends on you.

I joined a local gay bowling league to meet other LGBT folk. Most people there are pretty nice and I made quite a few friends who aren't just interested in having sex. Though I didn't turn down the occasional guy who would hit on me and wanted to "hang" out. :wink:

You can go the online route too on countless sites and meet local guys but most guys are looking for hook-ups. Not so great if you're looking for friends but it CAN happen.

3. shinji

shinji Guest

I am also interested in this, although i'm 27 years old. From what i can tell however, gay clubs are nothing more but a cesspool of horny old men who look for nothing else than a one night stand. Similarly to online dating sites...