1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to move forward

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by laviedadele, Apr 28, 2016.

1. laviedadele

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For 6 years I've been questioning
    I don't know why I can't accept it, it's like I don't want to.

I wrote a post a few weeks ago http://emptyclosets.com/forum/sexual-romantic-orientation/209397-do-you-agree-im-not-straight.html

I read that and agree with what people have replied, thank you to everyone that did. But I make excuses for myself, like that I was just looking at things in a particular way when I wrote it.

I don't know how to move forward. I get that it's a gradual process but I feel I'm wasting my years.

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey it's tough. Try not to be too hard on yourself, these things can be scary and take time. I found when I was questioning that when I had gotten to the point where I was quite sure I was gay, I would get to the point where I was chatting on EC to people but as soon as I then wanted to make the move to coming out and telling someone in real life all my doubts resurfaced. I can only explain it like I was taking a leap of faith or stepping over the point of no return and I think it's because talking to people online is great but at any point you can delete your account or just never log back in but when you go to tell a friend or a relative it almost makes it really real. Even though this is what we want I used to get this 'but what if I'm wrong' thought in my mind. The thing is and in the end I got to the point where I was like so what, if I'm wrong I'm wrong. If I come out and then fall in love with a guy so what. It's not a one way street I am entitled to change my mind if it happens but it never has and I've never looked back. You just need like 5 seconds of bravery, we all have it in us somewhere you just have to find it.