1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to handle this crush?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by KingDavey, Jan 26, 2014.

1. KingDavey

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey everyone. I'm currently going through a very awkward situation. I'm gay and I have a lot of gay friends because I go to an LGBT center. I usually hang out with different groups, but there's an issue with one group I'm hanging out with.

Basically, one of them is best friends with a straight guy who they always brings around. He's a sweetheart, nice personality and he's cute, :icon_sad: and I like him. :eusa_doh: He's a minor crush so I'm not head over heals or in love or thinking about him constantly but he is at the level of crush.

I used to handle it in a really bad way. Basically we all play around a lot, and I would sort of say stuff....:confused:....and assumed he would think I was playing around. But my best friend recently told me he's starting to notice my crush on him. :eek:

He then went to tell me that it wouldn't change his opinion on me but still I don't want to be that creepy/disrespectful guy who comes on to him. So basically I stopped handling it that way. But my best friend did something very, well, not smart. We were playing 21 questions and he decides to ask us all "who would you have sex with in this group?". He was there. I ran and then came back and when I came back and they could see I didn't want to play anymore because I was shaking.

Does anyone know how I can handle this very awkward situation?

#1 KingDavey, Jan 26, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  2. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First of all, what makes you think he's straight? Has he told you this before?

As how to handle the situation I would just try to remember that nothing would be able to happen between the two of you since he's straight. Just be yourself around him and try to at least be friends.

3. KingDavey

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yea he has, and oh okay, makes sense

4. TheSoleOne

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Kiss him & see how he reacts. Haha just kidding. I suggest inviting him to the movies with a group of friends or something so he can get your vibe.

You should also trust your gaydar. Worked for me the first time & only time i used it.

Best of luck :slight_smile: