1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get new clothes? Please Advise.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Samantha D, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Samantha D

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I want some new clothes specifically some skinny jeans, a cool Disturbed tank top and most embarrassingly.. a bra (A cup, duh). But I haven't even come out to my parents.
    Any ideas on how to resolve this?
    What have been your experience with acquiring clothes?
    Anything helps.

2. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    How old are you? If you can't drive or get a part time job this will be more difficult, because then you could just buy them on your own time after work. Do any of your friends know? Perhaps you can go shopping with a friend. If your young, what i would suggest is to put any cash you have (like holiday or birthday money or an allowance) on a visa prepaid gift card. You can use them like any old credit card, and you can also shop online with them and have orders sent to the house or a friend's. If your sneaky you can get around parents, i mean my mom hasn't question what I've ordered so far. I've got a binder that i love to pieces that fits great and she's none the wiser about it. And guy clothes on the way. But i also have a part time job and an over 18.

#2 AlexJames, Oct 21, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
    Samantha D likes this.
  3. Blood Elf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Can you buy anything online? That's what I did before I came out, and still do honestly because I tend to find better clothing online than in stores. Before doing so (if you can), I'd buy some flexible measuring tape at like Wal-Mart or something so you can get your measurements, then just buy from there.

If you don't own or have access to a debit card or something, you can always buy gift cards at about anywhere to buy stuff online with.

Now, if you don't have access to purchasing anything online, I'd suggest maybe, get someone to take you to where you want to go? Then just separate from them and go where you want? I did that for a short time. No one ever checked my bag so I was free to go. haha

4. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    if it's accessible thrift stores might be a good place to pick up clothes and walmart might be good for the bra?