1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to deal with dysphoria overload?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by BirthLifeDeath, Jun 16, 2017.

1. BirthLifeDeath

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Right now I'm doing everything I can to try and calm down but it's really hard. Does anyone have any advice? Anything at all would be appreciated.

2. EverDeer

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Some empowering music, do something productive to show yourself that you're worth more than what you just think is your gender... like cleaning or making art or fixing something... play some games or get immersed in a book or do something tedious or repetitive, find things from around like gifts that people have given you and think about what they mean to you and the importance behind them and why that person cares for you...

BirthLifeDeath likes this.
  3. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Watch something you really enjoy. That always gets my mind in a different space. I also agree with Kipper that music is a great ally during these times. A hot shower can help relax you...or something warm to drink. A favorite food. And if you are a sensory person, something soft like a blanket can be soothing. Puzzles and solitaire are also a good way to get your brain immersed in something else.

Just some thoughts,

Sebby

BirthLifeDeath likes this.
  4. Foxfeather

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Try meditating. I know it sounds super-dumb, but find a guided meditation if you don't want to do the work. Just... listen and breathe and relax. Let your body just become a body, no male or female.