1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to come out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by alext328, May 20, 2016.

1. alext328

Out Status:
    A few people
    Okay so I really wanted to come out for a while and today I decided I would this summer but I didn't know when so I told my friend to choose a number then a month so I'm coming out June 16th, and I don't know how really and I'm scared and nervous. I asked my other friend and he said to just make sure it's safe for me to come out and that he came out through a letter and went to a friends house before his mum read it. That's kinda what I was thinking too but if there's another way you think is easiest could you comment that? And how should I write the letter and what should I put in it if I do write her a letter? Thanks

2. Silver Sparrow

Hi Alex,

There is no one way to come out. You just have to figure out what is right for you. If that's a letter, that's great. We have a few examples here, and you can also look through the forum for other peoples's letters.

3. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How you come out is irrelevant!
    I came out in possibly the worst possible ways. (in an argument and by group text) But the reactions was great.

No matter how you come out it is super scary, so being totally petrified is perfectly normal.

Wishing you the best.