1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to come out again to my girlfriend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Thisbiguy, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Thisbiguy

Thisbiguy Guest

I came out to my girlfriend before we even started going out. When we had been going out for a few weeks she texted me asking if i was still bisexual. I said no at first, but then she said how could i not be because i can't just change. So i said yes i was but i couldn't see myself with anyone else. However now it seems as if she believes that im straight because im with her. she sometimes makes gay jokes, but has told me she is not homophobic. i love my girlfriend and have no intention of leaving her, but i want her to know that i find her "jokes" offensive. What should i do? Im scared to just tell her because i dont want her to think im going to leave her because im bisexual. Sorry for the length. Please help.

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only thing I can see happening from 'coming out again' is you making her convinced you're going after some guy. You've told her once, now it's her problem.

As for the jokes, tell her straight up that she shouldn't be making them and it really bothers you. If she turns round and questions it you can always just say 'you know damn well I'm bisexual'.

3. Thisbiguy

Thisbiguy Guest

thank you. that helps a lot. i've just been stressed because i don't want to send the wrong message.

4. bluesky

ok you need to tell her and make her understand that your bisexual. she needs to not worry about you leaving her for anyone else. being bisexual doesn't mean you'll leave her for a guy if that's what you mean by "someone else." if you love her, you love her and that's all that should matter... anyone could leave anyone straight, gay, bi or whatever there is.. make sure she understands that. so you can worry less and you can be honest too at the same time.