1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to ask my crush out

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Aelin56, Jun 10, 2022.

1. Aelin56

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a 21 y/o woman and my crush is a 23 y/o guy. We met in the local Extinction Rebellion (global climate activism movement). We've known each other for 6 months and I realized I have a crush on him 4 months ago. We see each other once a week on our meetings, sometimes we hang out somewhere as a group. I'm not sure if he likes me back or not, I have a feeling that he does but maybe I'm just projecting it.
    We have quite some things in common, the most important are our shared values and political beliefs. He's also very supportive of the LGBTQ+ community, so I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have a problem with me being bisexual.
    I don't want to mess it up like it happened with all my past crushes, when I didn't approach the person I liked and stayed in my imagination. I really want to ask my crush out but I don't know how to do this. I have absolutely zero dating experience. I'm also scared that he might reject me. I know that whether someone wants to date me or not doesn't define my value. But still it would be a bit awkward to talk to each other normally and hang out after that.
    However, whatever the outcome, this will be a win-win situation because I will know where I stand and I wouldn't have to wonder if he likes me back or not... But my social anxiety still makes things hard.
    Do you have any tips on how to ask my crush out?

2. Y2B

Y2B

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Did you notice any signs of him having interest in you? First I would try and hang out just with him. If you really want to ask him just like that then be ready for anything. Tell him you want to speak in private about something important.

#2 Y2B, Jun 21, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
    Aelin56 likes this.