1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to approach a guy?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Thewitt, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Thewitt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You know I have been looking around a few forums and I see people posting about how they have a crush on someone but don't know if the other person is the same sexuality as them. Then they go into how all their little schemes and plans to find out.

It just confuses me and frustrates me that it has come to that. Instead of doing all that all you have to do is simply nicely ask the person. I think it is quick and effective way of finding out the information you need to know.

People nowadays are too passive aggressive.

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  3. Ridiculous

It's certainly the most efficient way of finding out, that's for sure.

However... it's not always a good idea. If it's someone that you rarely see or will never see again, then sure without question go ahead - the only obstacle is your embarrassment (provided they don't seem like they would react to this violently). But if it's a friend or a colleague or a classmate, having them know you are attracted to them can instantly make things difficult. Few people are going to act the same if their friend suddenly reveals they are gay and have a crush on them. It's not a simple case of having nothing to lose.

In a lot of these cases they should build up the courage and be direct and just ask, but it certainly isn't appropriate for every situation.

#3 Ridiculous, Sep 14, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  4. Maea96

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    And also, if you go with the "just-ask" method, you can put the guy in question in trouble with himself if he actually turns out gay, but is closeted/scared to tell, and tells you "No"

at first really, I think you should try to make friends with him. Get to know him a little better, and let the relationship progress at a natural phase.
    :slight_smile: good luck people!