1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How tall are you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by anthonythegamer, Jun 3, 2014.

1. I don't scare people with my height on purpose! This is just something that has come to my attention when I meet new people. When people are much shorter than me, I find that they are more reluctant to talk to me at first, especially when I run up to them. I'm not sure if they're scared, but that's how I see it.

#81 anthonythegamer, Jun 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2014
  2. justjade

I'm a tiny 5'4", and I really, really wish I was like 6" taller.

3. Theboythat

Out Status:
    A few people
    4'8
    I hate being short...

4. juliegt6

Almost 5'10". Since I wear heels most of the time I'm 6'2"and can see over all the cubicle walls at work. No one can hide from she-godzilla!

I like my height. I'm tall, have nice legs, but am not so tall that I can't fit comfortably into tiny sports cars like Lotus or my xkr. I think Colin Chapman must have been my exact leg and torso height because I'm a perfect fit in an Esprit.

5. RocketMoose27

I'm 6'3, I hate it because I'm tall in comparison to most people in my area!

-According to most people, I look "mature"
    -I can reach high places

Dislikes:
    -People always ask me to reach for stuff
    -I stand out in large crowds, which is super embarrassing
    -I have difficulty finding shirts, and pants that fit me correctly(they usually have a hefty price if I DO find some)
    -I always hear people talking about how intimidating my height is, which kind of makes me feel bad.

Le sigh, why can't I be like, 5'8 or something?

6. I feel your pain... It has its pros and cons tbh.

7. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    6'3"--it's all good.

8. Illus1

WWHAAT??? this proves the always want what one doesn't have theory. Here I am 5'7.5 who would kill to be 6 ft, It's the one thing I absolutely freakingly HATE about myself. (the worst part, I wasn't the smallest kid suddenly I became the shortest guy when I saw that other younger cousins were taller than me I wanted to die of shame.(hadn't seen them in yrs)

9. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to feel a similar way, thus I empathise with your concerns. You'll eventually learn that it doesn't matter. If people judge you for your height... you should feel sorry for their partners. There's no need to be ashamed of your height. It doesn't make you weaker or less worthy of life. You almost certainly aren't responsible for that height.

What can tall guys do that you can't do? Do you feel intimidated by taller guys? They're only flesh and blood, the same as you. You should google the average height of Gurkhas. It can be an advantage to be smaller, because many tall people underestimate you. It's annoying that society tends to favour taller guys, that's just life.

You can prove them all wrong with determination. Let the haters burn in their own toxic, while you live what they wish they had. I'll be the first to help somebody, while other people are too busy talking about how saintly they are and judging me for things beyond my control.

#89 Lawrence, Jun 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  10. optionthree

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    5'6" or thereabouts. I still have time to grow though hopefully...

11. alex3191

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm 5'7, I'm average height for where i live but wouldn't mind being a little taller if i could

12. Tetra

I'm about 5'10, and I like it enough :slight_smile:

13. Illus1

You are right, I know you are!, it's just well it's just me I guess, I've had an uncle who met me (also after yrs) and literally tell me 'that's it? you're so short.. it really felt like it was my fault, yes it might even be my fault, due to negligence in my teen years because of a back injury when I was 13 I didn't like doing jumping sports. I'd normally be fine in those sports but once in a while i'd get an immense pain so painful that I couldn't even speak because of it (just gasping for air).
    I live in the Netherlands with the tallest in the world but truth be told hardly anyone has ever judged me here because of my height. So it's just me I guess, insecurities combined with being a perfectionist.

14. musicrebel

5'3" I hate being my height.

15. ChibiXio

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    5'2" or 5'3". somewhere around there

16. Ohhai

5'3''. I like it. I had a growth spurt at school before everyone else and spent a few years being 'the tall one'. Then everyone else had growth spurts and I went back to being smaller than average. Thank god!

17. Sotv

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    newfish
    my friend was a similar height at your age (5ft4inches) and 3 years later he is now 6ft3inches, no lie. The downside is he got pretty bad stretch marks but they will go.
    Just remember your still growing!

i'm 5.11ft and im pretty happy with that cis it means i can find a guy a few inches shorter than me which is a decent hugging height :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

18. Rumpletubb

6'2". Like it since I'm a boxer and like to work out. Looks good. Can reach stuff, see stuff above people's heads. Lay my head on my girls head.

Dislikes are fewer. Combined with my shoulder width, perfect-fitting clothes are hard to find. M might be too small, L too lägg, XXL might be perfect. Annoying.

19. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

About 5'6". Add an inch on dating profiles, lol

20. AlamoCity

My best friend is about 5'7 and he's always saying that he's 5'9 (my height) and I always roll my eyes. Either I'm basically 5'11 or you're 5'7 :roflmao:.

Guys associate "length" with masculinity/virility.