1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How quickly do you click with someone?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Nelalvai, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Nelalvai

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have social anxiety and I thought that was why I didn't enjoy first-time hang-outs. But other people say I just didn't click with that particular person and when I find someone I do click with, it'll be different. But even with people I'm attracted to, it's usually months after first meeting that I'm like, "I want to date this person".

What is this legendary clicking? What is it like for you? How quickly does it happen?
    Interested to hear about experiences clicking with someone in a platonic way or about developing attraction.

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't worry if it takes you a long time to develop attraction. It's not like a light bulb, and it would be very tiring if you kept falling for random people you just met.

I liked Maya Angelou's quote "When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time." The challenge comes in accurately seeing someone showing their true self and not a façade. I'm pretty good at reading people, but I would say it's often best if I'm observing how they interact with others.

The people I've had long term attractions to often have similar interests, but sometimes they are doing things that I don't do but admire. In terms of clicking, mostly these are people I know will be good friends very soon after meeting. Sadly, almost every time I knew someone was interested in me, it was a straight girl, lol.

LostInDaydreams likes this.