How often do you smoke weed?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by butHitlerisDead, Jan 3, 2015.

?

How often do you smoke weed?

1. Less than a few times a year

7 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. A few times a month

8 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. Once a week

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  4. A few times a week

2 vote(s)
    1.8%
  5. Daily

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I used to smoke regularly but no longer do

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  7. I used to smoke occasionally but no longer do

5 vote(s)
    4.5%
  8. I've never smoked

88 vote(s)
    78.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Another complete non-smoker. Never been tempted.

2. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

May I?... (*hug*)

3. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    Never!

4. bornthiswaybby

I do it like once every few months. Not something I'm interested in doing super often. I do it socially and that's all, I first tried it when I was 17. I personally prefer having a few drinks but hey to each his own.

5. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
  6. timo

Where was that, I NEED to go there haha

7. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (*hug*)

8. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ditto.

9. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I very much dislike it due to past experience with "stoners", and try to avoid such people.

I'm also quite badly allergic to it, I can smell it from a while away and it gets to my throat very badly.

10. Jakob

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never tried it, and never will. Sticking things near your mouth that are on fire isn't usually a good thing.

Then again, I don't drink either. Seeing as how neither alcohol, tobacco, or marijuana are good for you. If anyone thinks marijuana's good for you, you're either lying to yourself or ignorant.

I also have some sort of natural dislike of marijuana, I'm not sure why, but I can't help it.
    Not to say I have a problem with it being legalized, I just wouldn't lose many sleepless nights if it weren't.

11. nativeofruby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So, I'm 16 and I think I tried it first at age 15 because my cousin bought an ounce and he had never tried, too. He knew I could roll cigarettes so he bought everything and had me rolling some joints. Unexperienced as we both were, we didn't even bother throwing in some tobacco so we smoked purex (an expression we use here, when the joint is only made with weed, hence the "pure"), and it's safe to say we got really messed up. We made a video on my old computer and watched it the next morning, ending up deleting so no one would find out.
    At least once a month, I'd say. It's pretty expensive for me... so most of the times I only get to smoke when friends have some. Also, me and two friends tried to make some tea out of it and it actually worked. Other than that, I had some friends bring me pot lollipops from Jamaica, which tasted like mango and had the same effect on me as an average joint would.
    Most of the times it only makes me laugh a lot more than usual and without even knowing I'll have a grin from ear to ear plastered on my face. It makes feel good and relaxed... I never really saw anything weird, at least I don't remember it, but I remember saying some pretty random stuff and craving pizza. One time, I smoked with friends before Philosophy class and the three of us fell asleep in the back, whilst everyone was watching a PowerPoint presentation or a film, I don't really know...

12. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Agreed about the other substances. I tried drinking once, and never again. I don't like being in a state where I loose control of myself, or any altered state really. I prefer my natural energy and can have fun without the need of such things.

13. crazydiamond

On and off really. When I have access, it's a few times a week. When I don't, I could go years.

14. Joelouis

I personally have never even been interested in any drug.
    I knew of six childhood friends who are no longer alive thanks to cannabis which progressed to the harder drugs.

I didn't refuse drugs or smoking because it was wrong, just that it never interested me.

15. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I smoke, usually with cigarillo papers. A bong would be my secondary choice, followed by pipes and joint papers. Vaporizer would be nice, but I do not have one.

I smoke a few times a week, I'd say. More, if it is offered. But I usually only take a puff or two, put it out and save it for later, allowing me to conserve my supply. I don't see the point in getting totally wasted.

I first took a hit of marijuana when I was pretty young, probably about 12 or 13, but it was an isolated incident. However, I did start selling marijuana around 13 or 14, and kept doing this for several years. Of course, I sold more than marijuana, but marijuana is what I started with. So, I've been around it for quite a long time, and seen the good, the bad, and the ugly.

I don't really recall my first experience, because I don't believe I inhaled it properly. But my first PROPER experience I remember, I was very laid back and calm. For once, I felt like everything was slowed down and I could actually think.

It's amusing how some folks will be harsh on weed smokers, but are okay with alcohol drinkers. Having been around the two, I'd much rather deal with somebody smoking weed than drinking alcohol, but this is just my experience.

How it affects my life, well, it used to be my primary source of income. Well, part of the primary source, along with other drugs. So, it was fairly important. It was nice being 14 years old, and being able to buy your own outfits, get a hair cut every other day, and eat out a lot. Nowadays, I still do smoke, and I'd say every other day...

... but see, I'm the marijuana smoker that the anti-weed crowd hates. I don't get stupid when I smoke, I don't get super lazy (I feel more relaxed, but I don't melt into the couch), I'm very active (many meditation or work out sessions are begun with smoking; many writing sessions have also come of a pre-smoke), and I don't become obsessed with it -- you know, the individuals who go around saying, "Weed's cool, man!". I also don't believe it's totally clean, like some smokers do, because it isn't.

For one, marijuana smokers inhale deeper and longer, which makes it worse. Secondly, if you smoke with tobacco papers, this only adds to the problem. Anything you smoke, especially hard and harsh, is going to cause problems.

Marijuana has helped me with my anger, when therapy couldn't. Marijuana has allowed me to expand my mind, better than I would have normally. Marijuana isn't something I need, but it is a welcome addition. It enhances things:

Music, food, and thoughts, all become something more. I can feel the music, so to speak.

As for folks speaking of the smell. If you smoke it in tobacco products, that contributes to the smell. If it's the marijuana itself, they must have some really bad stuff, because the high quality stuff, has a very fruity or piney scent to it.

16. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The smell appalls me. I have no interest in trying it; unlike alcohol, I have no idea of how to deal with it and I know moderation isn't a saving grace if one's predisposed to the mental issues that marijuana can catastrophically release. It's not harmless, especially to someone who has a family history of depression.

I'd prefer to get relaxation and interesting thought from actively stimulating myself with something that won't damage me - I don't see even a soft drug like marijuana as something that can be taken in moderation without some risk being posed.

17. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I put never because there was no choice for "a couple of times."

I was around people who were doing it and it was offered to me. I have declined every time except for a couple of times. I thought, "So what exactly is this supposed to be doing for me?" It didn't do anything, and I kept waiting, unlike alcohol which makes me sleepy and/or very depressed very quickly. However, the other people in the room who were smoking weed really seemed to like it ... and still do.

I don't judge them for it at all. I just don't care to use it. Some of them, with their resulting behavior and slurred speech, can be quite entertaining.

18. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never smoked it; I've never smoked anything before. Not interested.

However, many of my friends smoke it and I come from a place where recreational marijuana is legal, and I support its legalization. But I am not interested in using it myself.

19. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I'm 20. First time was last year. I don't have a great tolerance for anything so I never over-do it, usually just a couple small hits and that's it. I only get away with it because I work from home- no testing or anything.

I also don't like edibles. Low tolerance and I went nuts the first and only time I ever tried a brownie. I only ate half and I spent the whole night twitching. Room felt like it was rockin and I remember freaking out because I was like "oh my god. My penis is gone. Who took it?" And then I wrote down a story idea, did some weird google searches and probably crashed at some point because I remember waking up and stumbling into the kitchen to get coffee.

20. CrazyAwkward

I've never smoked weed or anything else. Never been the least bit interested. But I've got no problem with people who do, as long as they don't do it around me. Can't stand the smell of anything being smoked tbh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.