1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much does LGBT issues affect your life?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SonicBoom, Jan 20, 2015.

?

How much does LGBT issues affect your life ?

1. A LOT

12 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. A FAIR amount.

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  3. A LITTTLE

23 vote(s)
    47.9%
  4. None at all.

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. Candace

I mean, considering that I'd have to drive to a neighboring state to get married, my family is quite homophobic, and that I see a lot of problems even so in the LGBT Alliance on campus here, I'd say a fair amount.

On the other hand, I pass as straight pretty much and thus no one knows automatically that I'm gay.

2. SonicBoom

1st off my heart goes out to all of you suffering greatly from LGBT issues.

I was always in the dark about how much people with LGBT issues truly suffered.

I always knew , in a vague way, that some people suffer greatly from LGBT issues.

This website and the stories here have truly opened my eyes for the first time to the true suffering of MY PEOPLE.

Hugs to all.

(&&&)

3. Randomcloud

A little. I'm very very lucky that I have the family I have and live in the city I live in...both which are accepting and accommodating to LGBT+ people. I have encountered hurtful homophobia from some, but it's not everywhere and not inescapable. In my country, we still don't have marriage rights but we have adoption rights (weird, I know) so I feel that sooner or later things will change for the better.

4. crazydiamond

A little. I haven't dealt with any discrimination as of yet, and same sex marriage was just legalized this month in my state. The only drama I'm dealing with right now is keeping it hidden from my mother until I move out.

5. ScatteredEarth

Well I'd say only a little, but that's also because I personally don't religiously follow the news, or articles or anything informative, so naturally the only LGBT issues I see/hear about are from word of mouth and/or an interesting article I randomly stumble across.

Hell, I had only heard about Florida's Gay Marriage pushes the day OF the freedom to marry in this state, and that was only because I heard it on the TV while I went to get a drink.. Go figure?

6. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would say a lot but there are more important things than that.