1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much do you like EC?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by returning, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Spatula

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like the community a lot. There are some weird, unintuitive rules though like getting banned for posting a link to another website on someone's wall (or getting banned for not reporting someone else for breaking an arcane rule you didn't know about). Not sure who to be angry at about that.

2. BudderMC

^ The first rule is regarding offsite contact - if there's a way we can find "you" on that site, then it's a problem.

The second one is only usually applied to people who are bystanders/involved in someone else's rule break, but those are usually for really obvious ones (i.e. here's my Facebook, look me up!)

You could be angry at the staff about it, but you did all also agree to adhere to the Code of Conduct when you joined, sooooooo...

In short, if you've got grievances with something, we're willing to hear you out. Just message us or post in ATS. :slight_smile:

3. Lewis

I owe my life to EC! It has helped me come out to most of my friends and I'm now in double figures as to how many people I've told. When I joined EC my out status was 'Not out at all' which proves that there's definitely something special about this forum.

I've been a member of other forums where being gay is surrounded by negativity and it's always the 'I don't want to be gay', 'Can I change my sexuality' posts which just pushed me further back into the closet. EC has allowed me to step forward and become apart of a community that is proud and liberated by their sexual orientation and/or gender. Maybe not everybody is that comfortable at first, but it definitely helps them (it did me) realise that being gay isn't such a bad thing at all, quite the opposite.

So again, I thank all the members of EC that have helped me through some hard times and all of the staff that make it happen! :slight_smile:

4. Eatthechildren

I love EC! The last LGBT forum I was on went down, and EC is really great!

5. timo

Judging by the amount of time I spend here I must like it.

Kidding aside, I really do like it here. EC helped me set the first steps of coming out (almost a year ago... time really does fly!) and I can now say I'm almost there. Just a few people to tell but that will happen when the time is right. And besides that, you're all very kind and heartwarming people. I never imagined such a nice place could exist on the big, mean, full-of-trolls internetz.