1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many refusals take for you to give up?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Diego89, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Boudicca

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    One. No means no.

2. awdru15

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    my partner who I have been with for 18 years told me NO ( or words to the affect) 3 times so part of me thinks about 5 or more depending on if they are worth fighting for or just being plain stubborn .

3. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Future partner/lover won't have even to say 'no' : You give me the cold shoulder, I'll vanish.

The rest in life... I never give up.

4. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It would really depend. Typically, I guess I'd say 1. But if the talk was more centered around "taking it slow" or "getting to know each other more", then probably 2 (the second being after several months).

5. Taly

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe twice. I don't like to bother people, and if I find that they aren't reciprocating - or looking to try to reciprocate my feelings - then I can just get over them and move on with my life.

Under very specific circumstances? Like; I genuinely see a possible future and the other person is insecure or uncertain or our life situations are a little crazy?

Then maybe several times. I like to think of myself as persistent, but I don't go overboard.

Now; with most everything else in life - I don't really know how to give up. ._. Don't think I learned, nor would I want to learn tbh.

6. Yosia

One. I don't enjoy harassing people to be honest.

7. aeva

Definitely one. But honestly, I think I'd still celebrate a rejection. I have a REALLY hard time interacting with girls anyway, so even engaging with them enough for them to tell me no would be a big step for me.

8. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't really pursue people in the first place.

9. Weregild

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Just one, usually after confessing to my crush. I'm a very shy gal and it's so hard just to accept and act on my feelings. And when I'm partying I'm not the one who makes the first move.

So this was my last experience.

I confessed to my crush in January. I didn't expect any sort of reciprocation, because he always treated me badly and because I knew he was queer. But I wanted to get it off my chest anyway, since my feelings were driving me mad and I thought that expressing them would give me some sort of rest.
    Well, it was so messy that I failed to convey my (platonic?) emotions properly. He was drunk (which was very common among our online conversations), so he kept pressing me for a full name and when I refused (because it was obvious already) he said to me that he was "only interested in dick". I tried to make light of that very awkward situation and replied to him that maybe we had something in common after all - even though I wasn't sure if I was sexually into men too, due to a very unpleasant experience I had had.
    After that, I decided to stop talking to that (literal) crush and also to the circle of friends that we shared, because despite my feelings for him, I also hated him since the day he started talking to me and I felt that I wouldn't be able to stand being around people who can possibly accept him. And because I wanted to eventually recover, the complete avoidance plan seemed more likely to succeed.
    I'm still not over it. Whenever I think about it I feel like I either made a terrible mistake and that I should go back, but then that would completely destroy the purpose of my sacrifice and make me look like a fool. But in the last 6 months I was able to live quite peacefully and to kill a part of my feelings for him, so maybe, in a few years perhaps, everything will be okay. Of course it would take much less time if I got myself a partner to help me forget all this nonsense.

10. SirPandacorn

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    0 because I'm probably going to be single forever, and I'd be really scared to ask and ya ..

11. sugarcubeigloo

This.

Couldn't have put it any better for myself. lol.

12. timo

Usualle one. The guy I'm after now is an exception to this though.

He refused me months ago after we went on a few dates, because he had issues with his sexuality/was super insecure. We still hang out though, and he's getting more and more comfortable about being gay.

But if I try to make a move again now and he says 'no' again, I'll back off.

13. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Anymore than 1 and your just being the other person's bitch.

14. Rainbow Girl

If it's clear there not interest, one because would be rude to continue after that. If they say they're busy but seem interested in perhaps going out or doing something another time I might ask again or say "Okay, let me know if want to some other time."

15. Emmanuella

1. If they aren't interested then they're aren't interested. Doesn't mean that the feelings/interest goes away instantaneously, but it means it's time to give up and move forward.

16. ModernCat

ModernCat Guest

Depends on the person and what the person says. 1 is what it would take but if the message isn't so clear I would give it an another go.

17. blueshadedsoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Just a semi-refusal is enough for me