How many identities have you come out as?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BradThePug, Jan 29, 2014.

?

How many identities have you come out as?

1. 1 identity

34 vote(s)
    44.2%
  2. 2 identites

22 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. 3 identities

3 vote(s)
    3.9%
  4. 4 identities

5 vote(s)
    6.5%
  5. 5 + identities

7 vote(s)
    9.1%
  6. I have not come out

6 vote(s)
    7.8%
  1. Tic Code

Just gay. I'm pretty positive that's what I am xD

2. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So what is it if you're female and only been attracted to women your whole life, but am also attracted to one, and only one guy, a guy that I never had any attraction to before until I fell in love with him. Is it really bisexual if I'm not interested in guys in general? I mean, I'm not into casual relationships with people I don't know, but on the other hand I don't have to be madly in love with a woman to enjoy having a sex with her either. Being sexually attracted to females just comes naturally for me.

3. Chloe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Lesbian first, which was relatively easy. Later, bi, which was much more difficult. I could easily see myself being with women only, but I got involved with a man. Not because I'm now attracted to men, but because I realized gender doesn't matter all that much to me.

4. TheUglyBarnacle

I came out as bi in the beginning (I was genuinely confused) and then came out as gay. I was lucky enough that everybody could see I'm gay from the start so I never really had to tell people that I was wrong the first time round. I just stopped faking sexual interest in guys.

I am not out as gq even though I have expressed my feelings about not feeling very female. I don't count it, though, since I don't intend to come out soon, if ever.

5. justjade

This is about how it happened with me. First, I realized I didn't fit into the mold of being female, so I came out as being androgynous. Then, eventually, somehow, down the line, that turned into me being bisexual. Then, many years after, I started coming out as FtM.

6. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The point that I was trying to make was the Pyro was confusing demisexuality with bisexuality, even though there is a clear difference between. Demisexuality is where one does not feel sexual attraction unless there is an emotional component there first. Whereas bisexuality is when a person is attracted to two or more genders. Someone who is demi can be bi and vice-versa, but they are not synonyms for each other. They are two very distinctive identities. For me, being sexually attracted to someone does not come naturally, it happens about once every blue moon.

I am sorry if I sounded a bit harsh in this and my other comment. I am trying to spell this out as simply as possible to show that there is a difference between the two. I understand that there can be confusion, and that is fine, but I am trying to eliminate that confusion, so that I do not have to go through what I have in past, with people invalidating my identity. Even though then it was people not believing that I am straight, I did not identify as demi then. I had straight and GSM people spending four years trying to "pull" me out of the closet, and they were quite forceful at times. During that time I learned how to defend how I identify and unfortunately I have a habit of coming across as a bit harsh.

7. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think maybe that guy is just your one exception and your still lesbian

8. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    At the moment I feel asexual, (might be medical) but back before this my attraction to him was despite his gender, not because of it. So I guess I can't claim to be bisexual either, but maybe a lesbian who'se demisexual with this guy, or maybe bisexual but demisexual only with guys? Of course, everything might change when my desire comes back anyway. :icon_sad:

9. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I only came out as one thing - asexual. Occasionally I'll add on nonlibidoist (no sexual urges whatsoever) and aromantic (which I'm not sure if I am, because I have no clue what 'romantic attraction' actually is, but I've been told that not understanding romantic attraction suggests I probably don't have it), but mostly I just identify as asexual.

10. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I put down two, but now that I think of it, way more.

Bi-curious, Bi, Pansexual, Gray-Asexual, Trans*, Queer and I think that's it.