1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How long did they know?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AaronMed, Jun 22, 2013.

?

How many months did your parents suspect you were LGBT before you actually came out?

1. 1-3

3.0%
  2. 4-6

3.0%
  3. 7-9

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 10-12

6.1%
  5. 13-15

3.0%
  6. 16-17

3.0%
  7. 18-21

3.0%
  8. 22-24

6.1%
  9. 24+

30.3%
  10. They didn't suspect at all.

42.4%
  1. Milhouse

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll say 24+ because my mom said she had been suspecting it 'for a few years' based on some verbal clues I had apparently dropped (that I probably wasn't even aware of, because even I didn't suspect I was leaning towards gay, lol).

In honest though, no one I've come out to yet has said they knew it for a while or had even highly suspected it. Overall, it's mostly just a "oh, ok" and maybe a "I wasn't sure/hadn't thought of it, but it's not a surprise." It's funny; the last person I came out to said, "Oh, you think?" with what I mistook to be at least a slight sense of sarcasm, like she was expecting it all along. She said she hadn't been suspecting it or thinking about it much, so I was just reading into the response, lol.

Part of me almost wishes someone would do that though, the "Uhhh, yeah. Gee, you think? You're kind of clearly gay" response. I don't know. Perhaps I want the validation that someone else fully suspected it years ago? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. Niko

I said 10-12, not really sure could have been more. All I know is that, my mom tried outing me as a lesbian a while before I actually came out as trans*.

3. NoPlanB

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My mom's been asking me about it for years. My dad is pretty clueless even though he found some incriminating evidence against me a few years ago.

4. ChristianHipstr

My parents don't know I'm bi yet... but my sister said she already had suspicions for a long time and they were confirmed last summer when I was checking out guys at the beach (horomones... guilty as charged)... she also said I act way too flirty around the guy I like (so ya, she also guessed my crush...)