1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How it was

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by DreamingAnother, Mar 31, 2016.

1. DreamingAnother

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello all! :smilewave, I came out around last year i would say to my parents first, that I was gay, and, to my surprise, they had actually accepted me, though my dad was shaking his head and I could hear them talking about it from my bedroom. I was, I was surprised to say the least, even with the fact that afterwards, my grandma found out and, she was supportive, and she's one of those people that are like, totally against it, but, she accepted me. My sisters were surprised by it, sure, but they were happy, they had a gay brother that they could now do stuff with that they usually thought I would think was stupid.

My friends I told after, most of them left me because they were homophobic and they were starting to get angry with me after I told them, and they pretty much told me to f off which, broke my heart because they had been my friends for so long. Although my best friend whom I have been friends with for over 7 years now (I have a MAJOR crush on him but, I'm not telling him till I actually feel comfortable with telling him, still too shy), and he accepted me, his brother did, and his sister did, so yay! A lot of my friends criticized me at first but soon got over it and accepted me as well. I consider myself lucky that, so many people accept me, and are still willing to be my friends...it makes me happy to know that, people do care for me even though I'm a bit different.

2. Bazinga87

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you for sharing your story. Finding the courage as young as you are is great. I've been living a lie my whole adult life and now wish I would of done what you did at your age but now I have to deal with it at the age of 28 and have a wife I have to explain this to. Your on the path you need to be on and the people that don't understand can f off. Surround yourself with positivity and you will go far.