1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How has this forum helped you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Warrior999, Mar 4, 2022.

1. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This forum has helped me a lot. I was someone who really knew nothing about lgbtqia+ community, but this forum has offered me more knowledge and it has given me support while I was truly finding myself and discovered that I'm not the only one having these thoughts and feelings. I feel like I have become a person who is now a lot more open minded.

2. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I came from a middle-of-nowhere spot in the US where people are absolutely convinced that nobody cares about anything, ever.
    It's really draining. This place has had its ups and downs, but it's the best counterpoint I could ever think of whenever someone repeats that kind of stuff. People really do care about others here, and being new, being baby-trans, or even just wanting a kind of pick-me-up, it's fantastic because you can pretty conceivably rely that whoever's responding actually is doing it out of sincerity.

I've had some people who related with me very closely on gender issues, and some people who I just got along with quite a bit. The mods aren't jerks, either (And I'm not saying this because I was one at a time, I SWEAR!).

Coming back, there are some faces I'm missing. But there's always new ones, and still the general vibe of the forum is good. I've learned a lot not just LGBT stuff but life stuff in general. People think I'm smart or wise or whatever, but I'm really just applying a good deal of stuff said here.

3. Cinnamoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've only been here a small while but it's been nothing but friendly and welcoming here. It's easy to get lost out there, when I'm struggling this place really helps me to vent, talk things through or just browse to see others going through their own experiences - that alone helps me to feel less isolated sometimes.

4. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello All.....I've been a member of EC for about seven and a-half years now and it has helped me in so many ways. I think the biggest and most significant thing that EC did for me was to let me know that I was not alone. Growing up in a small town in the 1960's, I didn't know why I felt different than the other boys. I thought that I was the only one who was like this and I was terrified of it. As I got older I discovered that I wasn't the only one who felt like I did. I learned a lot about being gay in bathrooms and other less savory places. However, it was Empty Closets where I was really able to learn what being gay, being LGBTQIA+ meant. I have learned so much about what my orientation means and how it affects me physically and emotionally. Working with people here on EC...doing my best to help other LGBTQIA+ folks has taught me so much about what being a member of our community means...how it affects us in our everyday lives. I want to thank all of our members that I've had the chance to talk to. You may not realize how much our conversations have helped me to grow, to learn more about myself and to accept that being gay is something that is a gift for me. Thank you all so very much.
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

#24 quebec, May 23, 2022
    Last edited: May 23, 2022