1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How does money affect your judgment on things?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alexander69, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Gallatin

I'd buy the house. Mind you, if you substituted Ferrari with Range Rover (my dream car), I might be tempted to make a different decision.

I'm quite good and balanced with money. I'm sort of a nice mix of my parents, one of which is super frugal and never wants to spend money on anything unnecessary, and the other who is the very definition of impulse buyer.

Generally speaking, when I really want something, I wait for it to go on sale. It's extremely rare that I pay full price for something. In fact, in thinking about my major purchases over the past five years or so, none of them have been without some sort of deal (whether it be on sale, open box special, or free gift card). I just hate paying full price, because I know that sooner or later whatever I bought will be cheaper (and sometimes considerably so).

2. Alexander69

Ya range rovers are an amazing vehicle I love it!

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Money isn't everything. Real friends, happiness, and authenticity, none of which require money, are way more important, at least in my book.

If your parents are really so judgmental... maybe the money helped them to be that way, and if they were to disinherit you (which I'd doubt)... maybe that wouldn't be such a bad thing.

4. Amerigo

i don't like spending money which isn't mine. as a result of not having my own income, i'm yet to go out of the house and buy things. it hurts

5. Hudson

I'm fairly prudent with money. I make a very good income, and enjoy myself, but I also know the value of saving.

I do enjoy nice cars, and currently drive a late model BMW, and have a nice collection of electronics, but I'm also putting away to eventually buy a home.

And I'd not plunk my cash down on a house. A 20% downpayment, yes. Fully cash, no. I have investments that will earn me far more than what I'd pay for a mortgage in terms of interest, so I'd rather keep my money working harder for me, rather than pay off a home.

Plus, mortgage interest is a tax write off, and because of my income, I pay an ungodly amount in taxes, so whatever can negate my tax liability... I'm going for that.