How do you see yourself in dreams?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by KyleCats, Jul 4, 2014.

1. anonym

anonym Guest

I had a really unusual dream last night! I usually always dream in 1st person but this time, it was kind of switching between 1st and 3rd person because I saw myself in the dream and I was female. Weird. Woke up this morning feeling more female but now I've been awake a couple of hours, I'm back to normal.

2. Calix

Mostly dream in third person - but then most of my dreams are related to my stories and the scenes within them.

When I do dream as myself, I'm a guy. Usually shirtless with a nice, flat chest xD

3. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is a very intriguing question!

Usually when I dream, the perspective is a mixture of 3rd and first person. It's like watching a film while simultaneously experiencing it from the point-of-view from one of the characters.

Before I finally accepted being Trans, in my dreams I would be a very androgynous female, and practically everyone would either think that I was a guy or they knew I was a female, but would still refer to me using male pronouns.

After accepting myself, the nature of my dreams have completely changed. I've had quite a few dreams where I am either in or have finished the transitioning process. I am very happy in dreams.

I just remembered, when I was a kid, in the majority of my dreams, I would be a male. There was a character that I created, who I would often become in my dreams. I think he symbolized all of the things that I was going through as well as, the things that I desired but didn't have since I wasn't cis.

4. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to dream in third person almost all the time, but now in most of my dreams I'm myself. Every once and a while I dream that I'm someone completely different. I can recall only a few dreams in which I was a boy.

5. Groosenator

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think it's interesting that so many people say they dream in 3rd person. I can't think of a single dream I've ever had that was in third person.

Anyway, even though I am in first person in my dreams, there is usually no indication that I am one gender or the other. It is just me going about doing whatever without really thinking about or having a sense of my identity. Though I DID have a dream a week or two ago where I was male. It was a nice feeling when I woke up.

6. PaganPoetry

I only have dreams in first person, the most I see is just my arms and such......and I'm just me in my dreams...

7. SamThes

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sometimes I dream as a version of me that passes, sometimes I dream as female, and sometimes I dream as just me. I'm usually really aware, even in my dreams, of being transgender, though. That still seems to be a recurring theme of my dreams.

8. the gypsy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I see myself as I am.

I do not like it, but it is realistic.

9. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I only see myself every now and then in dreams. I am usually either a boy or a girl, but other times I'm more of a giant winged hippo.

10. Daroga

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    When I dream I find myself switching between first and third person. Sometimes I see myself exactly how I am, and other times I will see my male counterpart coming out. The other night I had this really complex dream where when I was in the third person I could see myself after transitioning, but when it switched back to first person I was my female self again. very odd.

11. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lol, okay then... :lol:

12. Notsoshure

Exactly how it is for me.
    I always know who people are or what/who i am or like one specific detail. It's like i Can think while i'm dreaming, it's so weird. I'm often holding to one detail about something and it's just weird.

13. tone

I dream in both third person and first person but usually don't have a gender unless it's related to the dream. I usually am male when I notice and if I'm female I get dysphoric about it. I've had dreams where I realize my hair has grown long and I look feminine and it's just awful. But mostly I'm male.

14. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As a girl, that's if I'm even present in the dream.

15. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I hardly remember my dreams at all!

16. Christina Kay

Only time I ever saw myself in a dream.I picked up a piece of mirror off the floor, and I saw my reflection in a broken mirror, and then as I looked down . I had feminine hands, and was wearing a blue sweater. And this is not the body or gender I was born with.
    One of just 2 or 3 dreams that have not faded with time.

17. AlwaysUnsure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't remember many of my dreams, but in the midst of my depression and thinking about trans things, I had the weirdest dream where I was the third person and there was a bunch of old ladies playing cards around the table - I think I was one of them. This freaked me out and I couldn't really sleep after that.

I reckon I only dream in the third person, except for when I used to have nightmares as a kid, I was just being me.

18. ArthurOK

ArthurOK Guest

I see myself as a being. I am never addressed as a name or gender, and I am usually alone or on a one on one situation. I'm just kind of there. I have no limits or restrictions associated with my identity.