1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you really consider someone as bisexual?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by questionable, Nov 23, 2017.

1. questionable

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My partner claims that he's bisexual, I asked him if he gets a boner on women and he said he doesn't. He has no any sort of sexual encounters with women and I don't feel like he's into those things either, but he said he appreciates the physical beauty of women and he also said he was open to dating women before though he turned them down when some girls asked for a date with him in the past. I trust him, I don't doubt our love for each other. I just want to understand how his sexuality works, I may sound pessimistic but sometimes I get the thoughts like "one day he might leave me, because I can't give him children.", "he'll leave me when a very beautiful woman comes around and shows deep interest in him." I hope you guys could understand my sentiments about this. :/

2. Niagara

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I understand your partner. I kind of feel the same way, and am possibly a newly discovered bisexual. I notice both genders, and like your partner said I can appreciate a woman's physical features while still not really being attracted or wanting to do anything with them.

I do find it odd that he doesn't get a boner for women though, although he might just be on the very homosexual side of the bisexual spectrum.

I guess I would describe it as admiring art. Even if you aren't really attracted to the person, you can still appreciate how good their body looks in an artistic way.

3. questionable

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Wow! You just said the words I wanted to hear. Yep, my partner is that type of man who really loves different forms of art. He must be that type of bisexual person based on what you've said.

Niagara likes this.
  4. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ah, I do the same "art analogy" when I try to explain my bisexuality to people. I can acknoledge that a guy is hot, I can almost feel attracted a bit to him but I have no wish to actually pursue it. I just like looking at it like I can like looking at art without necessarily want to buy it and have to look at it every day.

There's no more reasons for him to leave you for a woman than there is for him to leave you for another man. There are many ways to have kids that doesn't involve him needing to cheat so I wouldn't worry about that.

I am bisexual (more on the gay side) and want kids but the idea of doing them naturally make me cringe, I just don't want sex with guys currently and there are many ways I can have kids without ever needing to so that's not a problem.