1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you deal with it, when people say they hate homosexuals?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Vega222, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Vega222

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    A few days ago i saw a post in an Iranian forum:
    They(homosexuals) are dirtiest people on the Earth, I wish god eradicate them from Earth, They contaminated the entire world, Animals are better than them...​
    It said something like that, Actually i think it was far worse than my translation.

I don't know about you, But i can't stand such a hate feelings toward myself(They aim gays in general, But it includes me of course). Always feel very bad when seeing such opinions.

Now i can understand these things can destroy people. I can understand why many of us suffer from depression and think about self-killing.

What can i do to don't suffer from them anymore?

2. BlueLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello Vega222,

I understand how you feel. Personally, I don't like it when people express their hatred to our community. They don't realise of the damage they can cause.

What I do to feel better is to think that they are just acting based on prejudices, ignorance and, probably, what they see in their environment. Most of these people are just victims of a poor old-fashioned upbringing.

In addition, when I hear religious people saying bad things about LGBT+ people, I think to myself that if there is a God and He created us like this, it is because there is nothing wrong with being homosexual (the same applies to bisexuals, transexuals, etc.).

Vega222 likes this.