1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do YOU deal with crushes on straight people?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by spockbach, Nov 19, 2013.

1. salus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I usually avoid them. If I didn't I'd make a fool of myself (which does to some extent happen when avoidance is impossible) and come off as an even bigger weirdo than I normally am. If the crush is quite serious there is no way I could establish a longterm friendship.
    Less contact is better for me. Then I can occasionally think about them when they pop into my mind and it passes. When a crush lasts more than several years (happened once, still happening) and the person is not around it's nice to think about them as they were in the past and wonder how they're doing now - a little dose of nostalgia is nice. But at that stage the crush becomes curiosity or something similarly benign.

2. drewf91

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ahhh, I struggled with that for a good 2 BRUTAL years... I wound up destroying myself for a crush on a good friend, because I completely convinced my self he was secretly gay... not fun stuff. Albeit he definitely did have some very realistic tells that could aided that stupid belief... ahhh I still have him in my head at all times :'( never been in a relationship though I suppose when I do, he will leave my head and I can be at peace.

3. TheStudent

TheStudent Guest

I'm going through this very same situation now, I try to focus on the negative sides of them and try to find a way for me to be less attracted to them, which is easier said than done...

4. spockbach

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You guys are right in that it's definitely tempting to pretend ta crush might be hiding his or her own homosexuality!

5. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It may sound weird but...I only had crushes on straight girls when I was really young. I was maybe 6-11 y/o. For me staight girls are not so appealing, because in my town most of them try to impress guys, act dumb... and the most important thing I know in my head : she are straight and I'm a girl. She is not attracted to me in any way. For me it's a turn off... I can seek them but, if I know I will never get anything form it, I leave. I like girls who like me...that's the way it is for me. ;/ I don't know, is it really that weird? :grin: