1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I stop shark week?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by sam314159, Jun 30, 2017.

1. sam314159

I asked the doctor for options for stopping shark week and they put me on norethisterone to get me through the next couple of weeks while I had exams. It's been nearly a month now and they said that because it worked for those couple of weeks then I should continue. But I've been getting really bad spotting since, and even going back up to a higher dose hasn't worked. Is there anything I can do that will stop this? (I can't go on t any time soon, as my parents are insisting I go via the NHS because they're convinced it's a phase and I'm too easily suggestible). Note that I want to stop them completely with no spotting at all.

2. AaronV

A change in hormone levels can always result in spotting, this includes T. Maybe try a different drug with a similar active ingredient.

#2 AaronV, Jun 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  3. EverDeer

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you get an implant IUD (birth control) it has the potential to stop your period for up to 1-6 years. I have a friend who has one in their arm and they haven't had spotting or a period in about 3 years now.

#3 EverDeer, Jun 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  4. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I got started on cerelle which stopped it for about a year until I started T and now there have been a couple problems but once my hormones get settled I hope it's gone for good. Like Aaron said it's the change in hormones which may be causing the problems for you, give it a couple months on norethisterone before giving up on it and Trinh another one. They say 6 weeks is the trial period for a drug so just wait it out as hard as it is and see if it gets any better.