1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I meet a guy?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Daemon, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Daemon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    How do a meet a man to go on a date with? I've only ever been in realtionships with woman so I'm not sure how exactly I go about finding a man let alone one who is into men.

I'm signed up for a dating site but that doesn't seem to be working as far as getting any dates with a man or woman. I go to the gym, college, work, and home only.

I do not go to bars and would not want to go on a date with someone I met in a bar.

Of course I'm still not out about my sexuality but if a decent guy asked me out I would say yes regardless of the implications that poses on my out status because I do want people to know I just don't want to be the one to tell them. XD

I'm just not sure hor to go about meeting a man. Any advice will be helpful.

2. robclem21

Unfortunately when you don't go out much it can be tough to meet people. I always found doing different things around my campus was really helpful. Like volunteering for events and whatever (though my university had a lot of gay guys).

When you are closeted, especially when you aren't as stereotypical, it can definitely be a barrier to people asking you out (in my experience), so you may have to take on a more active role in asking people out. If you are comfortable with yourself then this is obviously easier, but it does carry risk that you will embarrass yourself.

Dating sites are also a good start, but I would say just try to meet as many people as you can. Maybe find an LGBT friendly event at your school?