1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can people hook-up?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gazza123, Sep 13, 2013.

1. James1991

James1991 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know this wasn't directed towards me specifically, but I thought I'd explain myself nonetheless.

I don't mean to make it sound as though I'm trying to put myself on the "moral highground", though I can see how what I said came off that way, which I feared.

For me, it's just a personal dilemma. I understand people hooking up, because let's face it, no matter what the situation is, hormones are hormones and sex is sex, it feels good! And having hooked up in the past, immediately after I felt nothing but guilt because I couldn't justify it to myself intimately. Incidentally, I had just told someone how sex was extremely personal and meaningful to me, but then I just hooked up with someone for kicks and said it was meaningless. I was bothered by my blatant hypocrisy. The only way I can think to describe what I feel after a hook up is that I just placed another discount sticker on something with a lot of sentimental value. It may be just sex to most people, but to me it was more than that.

I'm not looking at other people and saying "YOU SHOULDN'T DO THAT, SKANK!" because I get it, when you've got that itch, you just want it scratched; been there, done that. It's strictly an inner struggle, but it's also only the moral aspect of it, which as I said before isn't necessarily the predominant part of it for me. It's mostly a trust thing. I just can't trust someone I'm barely acquainted with to show them any vulnerability. I'd hook up with someone I knew fairly well before I hooked up with a stranger.

On a side-note: Does it count as a hook up when it's with an ex, and you sort of have an "agreement"?

#21 James1991, Sep 13, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  2. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If the 'agreement' is "Wow I need that now go home." Yea thats a hookup

3. leer

not going to lie I have got off with people nothing romantic just sex it's how I lost my cherry not all that proud of it turning out like that just one of them things.

4. Wells

Wells Guest

Maybe they are sad and depressed and possibly drunk and think sex will cheer them up... I dunoo

5. leer

^ had nothing to do with alcohol or my mood at the time ^

6. Zac

Zac

I've done one night stands and friends with benefits, wasn't any good really

7. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

It's interesting to learn people's views on it

I can understand both aspects but its just me, personally, sex is a special thing and I only wanna do it with they special someone.

I know it sounds like I'm pinning a lot on it but I guess it's just the way I am.

8. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    They were ok, and were B grade friends, had we worked or gone to school together, and I periodically did outside things with them, but they were nothing like my A grade friends. I didn't like that, of these experiences, the first smoked a lot of pot and the second smoked some pot and had some issues with alcohol ... and being confrontational with people. I can do that, too, but he needed to do that more often.

---------- Post added 14th Sep 2013 at 08:42 AM ----------

Yes, I agree. That idea is probably a side effect of organized religion. It changes your psyche, somewhat, but it doesn't kick a person down a notch as far as being upstanding goes.

9. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    Let see... I was raised in a Catholic family, therefore i was raised in the idea of preserving virginity for marriage, i was ok with that, i wanted to do that. Actually i even defended my position against the people who used to make my life impossible in highschool... But time passed, the sexual desires acummulated, until i got a sexual explosion with made question my faith, because i couldnt understand how sex outside marriage could be bad, this finally resulted in me keeping my faith in God but no religion...

So basically, my desire to hook up was enought to make me question my beliefs...

Im still virgin, but only because im socially awkard and shy, and it is frustrating... Actually i have more problem with my lack of phisical intimacy than with my lack of romantic relationships, my romantic attitude is patient and relax, i know i willmfind someone one day and all that...but my sexuall attitude.... Is more impatient, like a hunger, i want to feel a body in contact with my body and feel good, while making the woman feel good... So im very passionate about phisical intimacy, i want it right now..

That is a good explanation on how people can hook up and why they do it... Just like there is homosexual, bisexual and heterosexual, there is also asexual, sexual and hipersexuals... Or romantic, aromantic , hiper romantic...And it seems like the people who are more willing to wait regarding sex, are more impatient toward love, while people who are patient with love are impatient with sex.

10. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

I'll jump in and say that I'm all for hook-ups. I would have done them way more often if it weren't for STIs, but I still had my fun.

Like everyone said, it just depends on the amount of weight that you put on sex. For a lot of people is this very intimate thing that they think its better with someone who you love. The believe comes from many places, but its not universal and its certainly something we are taught.

Eh, not all of it is that simple. Its not like this thing that you MUST do else you will go crazy.

I personally enjoy more the chase than the actual sex. Its fun to flirt, play little games, and then finally get to sleep with that one person that you are interested with. There are also those people who you would never want to date, but you do want to have sex with.

Also, I'm really curious to find out how people have sex and how they interact while they are having sex. Seeing them in a way that most people won't its interesting to me and if someone seems interesting to me, then I want to find out xD

But yes, sex is fun. And its actually funny because one of the things that I will never understand is how people can marry someone who they have never had sex with, then marry the only person they have had sex with. Because you will never know whats out there, you will never be able to compare the experience, and, to me, that is a scary thought xD