1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hospital results situation

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by DirectionNorth, Aug 15, 2017.

1. DirectionNorth

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I went to the hospital a few days ago and had my blood checked. Just got the results last night that said my oxygen in my blood was 43 % when it should be between 94-99% . And I read online that anything below 80 or so is considered low. I tried messaging my GP and she just said ask the ordering physician (I didn't mention at a hospital.) What should I do? I don't know if I would be able to contact that physician, and the hospital staff there in general aren't too helpful. I'm not sure what to do and am freaking out. I do have trouble breathing in m my apartment and don't know if these tingling/pressure headaches have anything to do with that.

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What were they checking your blood for at the time? Did they discharge you? How did you get the results?

3. DirectionNorth

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    SHOOT, I'm sorry!! I didn't see this until now! It didn't give me a notification that someone had replied to this, I'm sorry.

But, I was having it checked for possible carbon monoxide because I was having bad headaches and trouble breathing and, while I know you can't smell carbon monoxide, people in my building are doing all kinds of renovations to their apartments or smoking, etc and moreso than before, it's affecting my health more.

I actually talked to a patient advocate and she explsined that that specific blood test is supposed to be a low number. There's the actual blood test they do and the test they do on the finger that reads your oxygen I think. One is for the oxygen in the blood that's coming in, while the 43% reading is the oxygen that comes from your heart (which is supposed to be a low number.) The site where they showed the results was sloppy and didn't specify that. It only said it should be in the 90% range.

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey don't worry about it, no stress. I'm glad you got it sort and got some peace of mind anyway.